Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

beans potatoes and fish

When my husband prepares meals, he can serve beans potatoes and fish in the same meal. I feel that potatoes and beans are substituttes and have very similar nutriens and vitamins. Also, fish and beans are high in protein. So is the beans, potatoes and fish compose a healthy meal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 25th, 2007
fish is ideal as it is rich in protein.
|

replied August 23rd, 2007
Re: Beans Potatoes And Fish
bachorik wrote:
When my husband prepares meals, he can serve beans potatoes and fish in the same meal. I feel that potatoes and beans are substituttes and have very similar nutriens and vitamins. Also, fish and beans are high in protein. So is the beans, potatoes and fish compose a healthy meal?

On the surface, beans, potatoes, and fish is an excellent meal. It is high in protein, it provides many minerals and nutrients, as well as b and c vitamins. Depending upon the fish, it also can provide some excellent omega 3s and 6s which are excellent for promoting good health.

Having said that, beans and potatoes lend themselves to preparations that may not be the healthiest choices. You have to avoid things like butter, sour cream, pork fat, etc. These things can turn beans and potatoes into high fat choices, thus negating most of their value.

Ray
|

replied August 23rd, 2007
Re: Beans Potatoes And Fish
bachorik wrote:

On the surface, beans, potatoes, and fish is an excellent meal. It is high in protein, it provides many minerals and nutrients, as well as b and c vitamins. Depending upon the fish, it also can provide some excellent omega 3s and 6s which are excellent for promoting good health.

Having said that, beans and potatoes lend themselves to preparations that may not be the healthiest choices. You have to avoid things like butter, sour cream, pork fat, etc. These things can turn beans and potatoes into high fat choices, thus negating most of their value.

Ray
|

replied September 22nd, 2007
that sounds like an awsome meal.. my dad makes fish for us every night.. We either have haddock or salmon and what I've noticed is that from the omega 3's my thoughts are clearer and my skin seems to be more radiant... keep up the good work..
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....