Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

What Early Pregnancy Pains Are Normal?

User Profile
Hi guys.
I was just curious on what early pregnancy pains are normal. I know that a lot of women get real slight cramping like af is coming. The reason I am asking is because before (i had a m/c) I had these shooting/sharp pains right by my pelvis/hip on both sides really but more on my right side. And not when I had the m/c but right when I found out like at 4-5 weeks. And I am in the forever long wait right now before I can test and I am having them.
Any experiences would be helpful!
Thank you!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 28th, 2006
Hello,

i am not quite sure what pains are normal. I had a m/c also and I also had the sharp pains. I am now 9 1/2 weeks pregnant and have alot of lower back pain (mostly just uncomfortable). I have pains on both sides again but I think it might be from the ovarian cysts I have. Cramping (like when you have your period) is normal in the first trimester and I experience that to. Good luck to you.
|

replied June 28th, 2006
Experienced User
I had an ovarian cyst rupture and was put on birthcontrol to help regulate my hormones, and wound up pregnant.

Monday I went to the doctor for my ultrasound and found out I was 8weeks and 6 days pregnant which makes me 9 weeks and one day today. Anyways, I have lots of lower back pain really bad cramping in my ovaries, and sharp pains in my lower left rib cage. The doctor is concerned I may m/c, but the fetus seems to be growing in the right area.

Good luck you two!!! :)
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks guys! I know I don't have any cysts because when I had the m/c my Dr. Gave me an u/s and he said everything looked fine. So maybe it is just gas or something! I did get super bloated too. I am hoping that is what it was anyways. I didn't think sharp pains were normal.
I am not pregnant yet though..
How long did it take for you to get pregnant again?
Good luck to you too rinsha!
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2006
Experienced User
Thanks guys! I know I don't have any cysts because when I had the m/c my Dr. Gave me an u/s and he said everything looked fine. So maybe it is just gas or something! I did get super bloated too. I am hoping that is what it was anyways. I didn't think sharp pains were normal.
I am not pregnant yet though..
How long did it take for you to get pregnant again?
Good luck to you too rinsha!
|

replied June 28th, 2006
After the m/c I got back on birth control. Once my husband and I knew we were ready to get pregnant it took me almost a year after getting off the pill.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...