:shock:
it helped my back and neck pain, but I know it's for headaches. I stopped using it after checking ingredients, plus getting a rash that will not go away

potassium dichromate
hazards identification
emergency overview
--------------------------
poison! Danger! May be fatal if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through skin. Strong oxidizer. Contact with other material may cause a fire. Corrosive. Causes severe burns to every area of contact. Affects the respiratory system, liver, kidneys, eyes, skin and blood. May cause allergic reaction. Cancer hazard. Can cause cancer. Risk of cancer depends on duration and level of exposure.

Saf-t-data(tm) ratings (provided here for your convenience)
------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------ -----------------------
health rating: 4 - extreme (cancer causing)
flammability rating: 0 - none
reactivity rating: 3 - severe (oxidizer)
contact rating: 4 - extreme (life)
lab protective equip: goggles & shield; lab coat & apron; vent hood; proper gloves
storage color code: yellow (reactive)
skin contact:
corrosive. Symptoms of redness, pain, and severe burn can occur. Dusts and strong solutions may cause severe irritation. Contact with broken skin may cause ulcers (chrome sores) and absorption, which may cause systemic poisoning, affecting kidney and liver functions. May cause skin sensitization. Highly toxic! May be absorbed through the skin; symptoms may parallel ingestion.
Eye contact:
corrosive. Contact can cause blurred vision, redness, pain and severe tissue burns. May cause corneal injury or blindness.
Chronic exposure:
repeated or prolonged exposure can cause ulceration and perforation of the nasal septum, respiratory irritation, liver and kidney damage and ulceration of the skin. Ulcerations at first may be painless, but may penetrate to the bone producing "chrome holes." known to be a human carcinogen.

Potassium dichromate is one of the most common culprits in causing chromium dermatitis. Chromium is highly likely to induce sensitization leading to dermatitis, especially of the hand and fore-arms, which is chronic and difficult to treat. As with other crvi products, potassium dichromate is carcinogenic and should be handled with gloves and appropriate health and safety protection. However, potassium dichromate is one of the key ingredients in the migraine over-the-counter medication called headon.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 6th, 2006
Wow, im glad I learned this before using the product. Thanks hun =;)
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....