I've always had good healt and never had to take any medication for anything. I'm 24 almost 25 and for about the last 6 years of my life I have had 30 second to minute long spurts where my heart races at over 200 beats per minute. It happens when I least expect it too, like on the couch or whatever. It never happens when i'm playing sports. It races at that pace and then suddenly goes right back to normal. Does anyone know what is going on? Could it be serious later on in life? Should I see a doctor? Any help would be great thanks. Also it hurts during that time and only happens once in a while like less than once a month or quarter.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 4th, 2006
Experienced User
Hey bigt007
the cause of my heart beat irregularities was the food additive monosodium glutamate. Racing heart is one of the common problems with this additive. Please go to msgmyth.Com for more info! God bless!
|

replied June 5th, 2006
Thanks
Thanks i'll do that
|

replied June 11th, 2006
Dude
My heart is like that everyonce in a will I figured out that cafenne triggers it like coke or anything like that
|

replied June 11th, 2006
Not Caffene
I don't take a lot of caffene.
|

replied June 14th, 2006
Dehydration
I heard from someone that it could be caused by dehydration, could that be true?
|

replied June 15th, 2006
This happens to me a lot. Atleast once a week. My heart will suddenly start beating fast (as he said, normally when i'm at rest), but I don't feel any pain or discomfort. I just notice because I can feel my heart beating really fast, and it just surprises me. This only lasts for a few seconds. And it never wakes me from my sleep or anything. It hasn't bothered me, but I was just curious if it could be serious or not.

So I guess i'll limit my caffiene intake and get some magnesium suppliments tomorrow, to see if that helps.
|

replied June 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
This happens to my mom quite often, and has been diagnosed with atrial fibrilation. She can be sitting down and completely rested and her heart will beat so rapid, she gets out of breath and she feels as if she's just ran a marathon. Check with your doctor to rule that out. Good luck
|
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....