I've been experiencing many issues lately and a friend of mine suggested that I get my thyroid checked. Can anyone help me, if it's not my thyroid what can it be...Or if you can lead me to a general forum to get some help.

Thanks....

This is a list that I have prepared to bring to my appointment on wednesday, am I nuts?

Plan on getting pregnant this year and want to get any issues/concerns out of the way.
· fatigue or tiredness (sleep all day if at home)
· loss of sex drive (past 3 or 4 months)
· excessive urination (3-4 times at night, no full rest)
· always cold (seem to be the only cold one in the room, home or office)
· diarrhea (could be from gallbladder removal)
· breathing hard (occasionally out of no where)
· tight chest or pain (occasionally out of no where)
· weird heart beat (sometimes it will thump very hard or I get a fast fluttering feeling)
· jaw/neck pain (last month could barely open mouth, occasional)
· re-appearing rash on thighs/legs and arms (had it checked when first appeared a little over a year ago, was severely itchy when first appeared, was never able to figure out what was the cause)
was on iron pills in the past for anemia, last time tested was about 4 years ago, was told I was borderline.

I do have an inhaler for asthma, diagnosed with asthma in 93. Probably use the inhaler 5 times annually, usually in the spring and fall from allergies.

Had gallbladder removal on october 15th 2003.

Pre-term birth august 1998

*do not know complete health history of biological father. A friend of the family who does have access to our biological fathers military medical files has advised us that our biological father is on 100% medical disability and has serious health issues. He urges us to contact our biological father and ask for copies of records. We are trying, but do not have much hope with him cooperating.

We do know that his mother has had heart surgery and our biological has suffered form 2 or 3 heart attacks and has had gallbladder issues.

We found this out in november of 2003 and of course this has sparked concerns.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 3rd, 2005
I have hypothyroidism and had some of the conditions you had the only thing you can do is demand the dr to check for it. I also had dry skin on my elbow that bled and also loss of hair on my legs and face
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
Learn what the thyroid does, and the characteristics of thyroid disease here. In this intro section, we'll also review types of thyroid disorders MDs diagnose....
Specific medical conditions can trigger thyroid disease. Learn the basics about causes and risk factors for thyroid problems here....
Learn the symptoms for various thyroid problems...plus know when to seek medical help! A complete list of thyroid symptoms here....