My sons 19th birthday is today and he found out his uric acid is 9.2. I'm new to this and confused,does anyone have advice ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
I am not very educated on this, my grandfather had gout in his feet last year. He was put on several different medications for it. And said it was very painful, most of the medication was antibiotics.

I am sorry to hear this, I know it is painful, it took my grandfather awhile to over come it. But it is a good thing your son is so young to have it, the older you are the worse symptoms and such can occur. I hope he overcomes this soon. :)
|

replied June 4th, 2006
Experienced User
I wonder why he was tested for the blood uric acid level.

The normal level of the blood uric acid is 4.5~7.0 mg/dl. It is very unusual for a young man to have the blood ua of 9.2, unless he is in extreme mental or physical stress, drinks a lot of beer, is dehydrated, consumes a lot of fructose or high purine diet, is taking certain medicines, has certain medical conditions or genetical deficiencies... At that level, the chance of developing gout, uric acid kidney stones, and others medical conditions is quite high. If his ua level is consistently that high, I would suggest that he sees a rheumatologist for medical advice.
|
Tags: acid, acid uric
Quick Reply
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....