Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Can athlete's foot cause lumps between the toes?

User Profile
I have suffered from athletes foot for some time. Recently a lump has been growing between my toes. It is not pinful at all, but is slowly getting bigger. Also between the next two toes a patch of skin has turned a bright bluish colour. Again this does not hurt. What could this be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2006
General Q&A Answer A1017
Athlete's foot is a fungal infection between the toes of the foot. Chronic infection and inflammation can cause a skin proliferation like tumor (pseudo-tumor). I recommend you visit a dermatologist to examine and diagnose your symptoms.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Athletes foot grows in in moist, damp places. But what is this common skin infection? And what other conditions might mimic athlete's foot?...
How does athlete's foot spread? Plus, more information on who is at risk of developing athlete's foot and how you can avoid it here....
Can you identify symptoms of the fungal infection called athlete's foot? Learn typical signs of athletes foot and when to seek help for complications here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.