In 2002... 1,082 american children died from violent assault; 2,347 died from a car accident; 32,867 from diesease; 1,310,000 died from legal abortion... Day after day, week after week, year after year, innocent children are quietly and violently killed behind clinic doors... And no one seems to care

-4,000 unborn babies are killed every day in the u.S. Alone
-25,000 are killed each week
-109,000 are killed each month

and...


1.3 million babies are killed through legal abortion each year in the u.S.


Please help to stop the unjustice... Choose life, your mother did.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 31st, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
That is my stand. I am here to fight against people like you. And I get my information from well educated sites. I am not here to argue or call names. I am simply stating the facts. If you don't like what I have posted, not my problem.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy to abort73 I love that site so many facts
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 31st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
You have no idea of the situations behind those abortions. I'm more concerned with the individual women involved in situations where abortion is chosen as opposed to statistics about non-sentient z/e/f's.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 31st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Megums, why did you feel the need to spam almost every active topic on this forum with the same exact thing?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I have to agree with .Moo their are a lot of times their is a need be situation. If you are not in the females shoes, you have no right to say whether her choice be right or wrong, this is why I feel their should remain a choice to avoid going through all of the red tape political garbage as their might come a time in one's life where an abortion is necessary and no dr will do it because it is illegal, I know about this one, I lost a good older friend of mine when abortion was illegal and no dr would touch her because abortion was illegal and not even an illegal abortionist because she would have bled out, he even knew she needed a professional abortion and so she hemohraged(sp) and past on when the drs could have saved her.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 31st, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Here's some statictics for you to nash your teeth on:

- over 3 million children are the victims of neglect or abuse every year
- of said victims, 63 percent suffered from neglect, 19 percent from physical abuse, 10 percent sexual abuse, and 8 percent emotional maltreatment.

- an estimated 2000 children die each year from neglect or abuse, which is equal to about five to six a day...Just here in america.

- of those children who die, 85 percent were under the age of six at the time of their deaths, and 44 percent were not even a year old yet.


Save unwanted babies so they can be part of those statistics? I'm still rooting for the abortion option to remain legal to prevent innocent kids from having to be put through such crap. This is an excerpt from the source of these statistics:

Quote:
factors which contribute to child abuse include the immaturity of parents, lack of parenting skills, unrealistic expectations about children's behavior and capabilities, a parent's own negative childhood experience, social isolation, frequent family crises and drug or alcohol problems. Child abuse is a symptom that parents are having difficulty coping with their situation.


people who don't want kids or are not ready for them are usually known for having a lack of parenting skills. And look what the first sources of child abuse are? Perhaps it's not directly linked to abortion, but just think about it - all the children who the pro-lifers "save" could very well end up being a part of those statistics. Way to go. I'm not saying all unwanted kids are neglected or abused, but a lot of kids who suffer such abuse probably were never really wanted, or the parents were too stupid to know what they were doing.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 1st, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I never once called you a name, nor will I ever. And yes, it is a stance. But rather than call people names like you all are doing. I'm giving the well researched facts. So next time you want to say that I am the one calling names, don't end your post with calling me a !**@!. Now you are the one in fact calling names. And I am the one calmly arguing my stand against abortion. I am well aware of the fact that children are being beaten, but not every woman who had had an abortion will be beating their child. This is not about who's beating their child and who's not. Abortion should not be based on facts about child abuse. Why should we base our opinions on what will happen in the future? The future is never certain.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
megums1211 wrote:
i never once called you a name, nor will I ever. And yes, it is a stance. But rather than call people names like you all are doing. I'm giving the well researched facts. So next time you want to say that I am the one calling names, don't end your post with calling me a !**@!. Now you are the one in fact calling names. And I am the one calmly arguing my stand against abortion. I am well aware of the fact that children are being beaten, but not every woman who had had an abortion will be beating their child. This is not about who's beating their child and who's not. Abortion should not be based on facts about child abuse. Why should we base our opinions on what will happen in the future? The future is never certain.


if you notice...That is kind of a pattern with one in particular on here (the name calling and insults that is). Everyone else here is merely expressing an opinion. Ignore the one....The rest are pretty decent on both sides. No one on here knows you as a person...So the names and insults are just a way of trying to push buttons and start problems amongst a bunch of people who for the most part....Although they are on seperate sides....Are quite civil. Stick to the civil...Ignore the uncivil and you will find posting much easier. Jmho
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 1st, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Thanks for the inside scoop :)
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
megums1211 wrote:
i'm giving the well researched facts.

giving the number of abortions performed is hardly well researched. The department of health (here) releases these figures every year.

megums1211 wrote:
not every woman who had had an abortion will be beating their child.

i don't believe she was stating that women who have abortions will beat their subsequent children, I believe it was about the fact that there is alot of child abuse in society so why introduce more unwanted children into it if it can be avoided when there's an increased chance of ill treatment? (notice I said unwanted as opposed to unplanned )
megums1211 wrote:
abortion should not be based on facts about child abuse. Why should we base our opinions on what will happen in the future? The future is never certain.

abortion should be based on the individual circumstances of those involved, not on statistics staing how many terminations take place.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 1st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
megums1211 wrote:
why should we base our opinions on what will happen in the future? The future is never certain.


alrighty... I'm going to go smoke now, and pollute the environment, i'm not going to get an education, and i'm not going to bathe anymore. What? I shouldn't be basing my desiscions on the future, right?

Do the ends justify the means, or are the actions we do more important than the intent?

And aren't almost all major religions based upon doing good now, so that later, in the future,, you can go to heaven/nirvana/wherever?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
eiri wrote:
megums1211 wrote:
why should we base our opinions on what will happen in the future? The future is never certain.


alrighty... I'm going to go smoke now, and pollute the environment, i'm not going to get an education, and i'm not going to bathe anymore. What? I shouldn't be basing my desiscions on the future, right?


Do the ends justify the means, or are the actions we do more important than the intent?


And aren't almost all major religions based upon doing good now, so that later, in the future,, you can go to heaven/nirvana/wherever?


this is very interesting. The one thing that we all have in common on this board....Pc or pl....Christian or non....Is the fact that not a one of us knows for sure what our future is to be. You can be rich today and lose it all in the stock market tomorrow....Or you can be poor today....And with one lucky lottery ticket.....You can have more money than you could ever hope to spend. Because we can't judge our own futures....I think what megums was saying is...."how can we possibly judge someone elses?" (i.E. The human life inside the woman). Poverty, abuse, neglect....They are not all certain outcomes. Probability does not equal a definite outcome.
Eiri has a point though too.....Just because our future isn't certain....Does that mean that we throw caution to the wind and live any way we choose for today with no preparation for the future....Or does it mean that we live each moment to the best of our ability knowing nothing is guaranteed...But hoping for another tomorrow?

Another great question asked by eiri...."do the ends justify the means or are the actions more important than the intent?" if you pull the trigger on a gun and accidently kill someone...The intent was not to kill....But the actual action by far outweighs the intent. If you have an abortion because you are scared....And a human life dies (as is always the case)....Was it your intention to have a human life killed......Or was it merely your intention to rid yourself of the fear that pregnancy caused you? Again...Is the action more important than the intent? Perhaps this is a question that should be asked more often.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 1st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
trina1 wrote:
eiri wrote:
megums1211 wrote:
why should we base our opinions on what will happen in the future? The future is never certain.


alrighty... I'm going to go smoke now, and pollute the environment, i'm not going to get an education, and i'm not going to bathe anymore. What? I shouldn't be basing my desiscions on the future, right?

Do the ends justify the means, or are the actions we do more important than the intent?

And aren't almost all major religions based upon doing good now, so that later, in the future,, you can go to heaven/nirvana/wherever?


this is very interesting. The one thing that we all have in common on this board....Pc or pl....Christian or non....Is the fact that not a one of us knows for sure what our future is to be.


no, but we must, I believe (religious or not) that we must all strive to make the world a better place; for ourselves and for our future, and for our children and their futures. Not doing something just because you don't know what's going to result from it is dumb. If it's the right thing to do for you, and you aren't hurting anybody, then do it.

Quote:
eiri has a point though too.....Just because our future isn't certain....Does that mean that we throw caution to the wind and live any way we choose for today with no preparation for the future....Or does it mean that we live each moment to the best of our ability knowing nothing is guaranteed...But hoping for another tomorrow?


i believe more in the second idea; do what you believe is best each day.

Quote:
another great question asked by eiri...."do the ends justify the means or are the actions more important than the intent?" if you pull the trigger on a gun and accidently kill someone...The intent was not to kill....But the actual action by far outweighs the intent. If you have an abortion because you are scared....And a human life dies (as is always the case)....Was it your intention to have a human life killed......Or was it merely your intention to rid yourself of the fear that pregnancy caused you? Again...Is the action more important than the intent? Perhaps this is a question that should be asked more often.


what if you have an abortion and you are not scared? What if you know exactly what you are doing? What if it really is the best choice, that you can see from where you are at that time and that place? You cannot see if that potential human will cure cancer; but you also cannot see whether or not you will cure cancer, if you stay in school. But you know the child, of born, will remove you from school. That is all you know. So? What choices are to be made? For the betterment of oneself, so that one can become educated and contribute to society? Or to stop that, and to bring in another life, and put your own life on hold, even if it ruins you?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
diamond splinter wrote:
yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy to abort73 I love that site so many facts


great website. It was tough to see the video. They show for real the aborted fetuses, the little legs, the little arms yikes.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 2nd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Quote:
i don't believe she was stating that women who have abortions will beat their subsequent children, I believe it was about the fact that there is alot of child abuse in society so why introduce more unwanted children into it if it can be avoided when there's an increased chance of ill treatment? (notice I said unwanted as opposed to unplanned )


thank you moo - you hit the nail on the head.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
It is not all about beating a baby or a child, it is also about rape, incest, fetus' without all of its norrmal organs and the organs that cannot be replaced that have baby being born that has to be put on life suppurt until the decidion is made to pull the plug, a decison such as mine where it had been kicked until it was not recognizable as a fetus or where it had a n iud in its head where it was very much abnormal and their are hundreds of other reasons where the answer is abortion where a lot of you cannot understand. Their are alot of things nowadays that cannot be fixed!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
moo wrote:

i don't believe she was stating that women who have abortions will beat their subsequent children, I believe it was about the fact that there is alot of child abuse in society so why introduce more unwanted children into it if it can be avoided when there's an increased chance of ill treatment?


today my coworkers were talking about their children and they were saying how efficient the system is in america to attack child abuse. Kids are teached in school that their parents can't touch them. My coworker was telling how by a little scream she had the cops in her home checking her children. I was sharing with them how it was when I was a child. My brother used to beat me up and I would scream and the whole street heard me and no one called the cops. If that was in america cops would be at home everytime of my screaming, all neighbors would have called. So I was thinking in the excuse that prochoicers like to use of child neglect and abuse, those people are put in jail in america here at a heartbeat so it's not like if the women have the baby they have opportunity to be child neglectors. The will go straight to jail in america.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 2nd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
nightangel73 wrote:
moo wrote:

i don't believe she was stating that women who have abortions will beat their subsequent children, I believe it was about the fact that there is alot of child abuse in society so why introduce more unwanted children into it if it can be avoided when there's an increased chance of ill treatment?


today my coworkers were talking about their children and they were saying how efficient the system is in america to attack child abuse. Kids are teached in school that their parents can't touch them. My coworker was telling how by a little scream she had the cops in her home checking her children. I was sharing with them how it was when I was a child. My brother used to beat me up and I would scream and the whole street heard me and no one called the cops. If that was in america cops would be at home everytime of my screaming, all neighbors would have called. So I was thinking in the excuse that prochoicers like to use of child neglect and abuse, those people are put in jail in america here at a heartbeat so it's not like if the women have the baby they have opportunity to be child neglectors. The will go straight to jail in america.


so you're promoting child abuse and sibling abuse? Go back to your birth country, if you have so many.E.D.I.T.E.D. .F.O.R. .A.B.U.S.I.V.E. .L.I.K.E. .B.E.H.A.V.I.O.R. Problems with ours.

No, I am not anti-immigration, and this has nothing to do with that. I have a problem with people who say "oh it was so much better where I was from" whether they are referring to a city, the countryside, suburbs, or a whole other country. You don't like it? Go back home and stop being annoying.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 3rd, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Yeah, sure america's system attacks child abuse. If you call cps about a child abuse case, they won't even bother to look into it unless the child in question is starving, bleeding, or dying. America is supposedly "all about god's precious little miracles", yet the idiots whose job it is to help abused children don't do everything in their power to see that the abused kids find the help and care they need. Now, I understand some people who report child abuse are morons, and they'll report a parent who spanks her child for misbehaving. It's the reports like that that discourage the workers from attending cases that really need the help.

Also, there is not always solid proof of abuse...And children who are abused are usually made to think they somehow deserve the abuse and then they get too scared to tell anyone. Some parents who beat their kids hard enough to leave marks force their kids to make up a lie to cover the tracks; a kid shows up with a great big bruise on her leg because daddy decided to shove her down the stairs, but she's forced to admit that she tripped over something or got it playing soccer or whatever. People who abuse children sometimes don't get their come-uppance because they know how to hide the evidence.
|
Did you find this post helpful?