Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Crohn's And Azathioprine

Hi all

im new here and am hoping for some input.

I have been asked by my consultant to consider going on azathioprine for crohn's disease.

I am abit unsure about this drug and would love to hear from anyone who has been on this and their experience.

Many thanks

sharon
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 1st, 2013
Hi Sharon,

Azathioprine drug is widely used in organ transplantation and autoimmune diseases. Azathioprine is used alone or in combination with other immunosuppressive therapy to treat an array of autoimmune diseases such as crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.

Azathioprine has many times being recommended by experts for Crohn's disease. I suggest you should get a medical expert's advice as soon as possible and treat the disease.

Regards
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Crohn's Disease is a chronic disorder that affects digestion. But what is Crohns and how does it affect the body?...
What causes Crohn's disease? Does it run in families (yes)? And how can YOU avoid the risk factors of Crohn's?...
Can you identify symptoms of Crohn's Disease? Learn more about the range of symptoms from mild to severe in this section on Crohn's symptoms here. ...