I was needing an opinion, can albuterol cause a heart attack? Say if someone is used to taking it every six hours and then say thought to have pneumonia so was taken to the hospital. He had taken his albuterol through the nebulizer at 6:00 am then was taken to the er and given it to him again at around 9,9:30 am along with an iv with antibiotics and also steroids. And was told to take it again at noon(his albuterol) and then every 4 hours. And he had no previous problems with his heart, it was fine. He took like the er dr said, at noon then 4:00 pm, 8 pm, midnight and at 4am and then after that one sometime before 6 am he was found incoherent and his heart was beating so hard and fast it could be seen beating against his chest and he was drenched in sweat. He was taken to the hospital and his heart never responded again after it quit out in the er parking lot. Is it possible that that much of albuterol could cause cardiac arrest?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 28th, 2011
Does Albuterol cause heart attack.
My son had a heart condition and the hospital gave my 5 year old son albuterol when we said he could not have it. He needed xopenex instead. But they didn't listen to us. And now he is no longer with us. He died in there care. I told them.......... XOPENEX ONLY.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....