So what is the status here with all the mom/mommy-2-be gals and the family of the daddy?

I love my baby daddy but I cant stand his mom! She hates me! We were cool until I told her I disagred with her and then she went all evil on my ass and started talking crap to his big ass crap talking mexican family! Everyone says when the baby comes she will be okay.. But after all the things she has said I dont even think I want her around the baby... Is that wrong? My mom says I need to be the better person and forgive... But im just not like that. I kno she wanted to hurt me and it worked and now I just want her gone but at the same time before we were fighting I was looking forward to having them all there... I dunno

<3claudia
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 28th, 2006
Experienced User
If you can be on civil terms with the father's family, it's always better. I felt a bit the same about my partner's family before I really got a chance to get to know them. His mum seemed scary and b*tchy and I figured they thought all these bad things about me. And maybe they did but with time and forgiveness we grew to get along and now I really like his family. And they've helped a lot with the babe and I know it's meant a lot to them to be in his life.

It's a lot easier to forgive them, or at least, just put it behind you...Then it is to keep up a grudge for months and months or years even. And to alienate an entire side of someone's family.
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Lets talk about in laws

unbfortunatly me and my husband are both mixed and his family hates me with a passion his aunts told him not to get married to me/get divorced and take custody of my daughter at the time when they are still married dating other men.....(you cant get divorced in the phillipines)

anyways his mother is pathetetic she left her husband for another man waitied till her kids came to canada (they were all under 18 at the time) and ditched them here and took off with the new man to the states. She left her son 18(my hubby) to work two jobs to provide for their family cause she had a new life but is trying to make up for it now!!

Anyways I only stay civil with them because of my kids besides that I cant stand them they all dicthed their kids and left their husband its disgusting. Its not what they want but how you feel about each other yes it hurts and you may never get along why dont you face her and ask her what her problem is?

Anyways sorry for rambling....
|

replied May 28th, 2006
Experienced User
I have nearly the same problem...My partners parents were slightly okay with the fact I was pregnant the 1st time before I miscarried the twins untill they found out we had planned for the baby....Well im now 8weeks pregnant again and they dont even no....His family will not and never will have anything to do with our baby.They we3nt as far as to actually ask for my partners key back so he wouldnt be able to stay with his family anymore...His dad was saying all that and his f***ing mum just sat there and didnt say a word...His dad even had the bloody cheek to bring up my ex-fiance and blame all that happened with us on me,(yeah me and him were badly beaten up by a load of guys and then rushed to hospital by ambulance,he was in such a bad way that he just walked out 8days later,how is that my fault)well rob is living with me and my mum now.We are both 21 years old,old enough and muture enough to have a baby and get on with our lives.Sorry but I seriously needede to vent,jadex
|

replied May 28th, 2006
Experienced User
Ohhh no keep venting, I like to read it!

See I would love to ask her what her !**@! problem is but since "i started" this whole problem in the first place with disagreeing with her she thinks im disrespectful and I know talking to her will only make it worse. I keep talking to the hubby and saying how the hell can you stand there and let your family say and make up all this crazy sh*t about me and not do anything about it and he just keeps telling me im white and will never understand what it is like to have an hispanic family and that he cant "talk back". Since when sharing your opinion in a matter is talking back I dont know but it pisses me the hell off. So instead of approaching her I am waiting for the day she is put in my house, around my baby and wants something from me... And then I can be like.. Oh yea sure but first why dont we talk about how you said this and this and this... And if she gets pissed and leaves who cares. Unforunately my father keeps telling me it is mexican culture that mexican boys will always be momies boys.. He tells me he hates her and wants to lose contact with his family but I know he will never grow the balls to do it. Its a huge family full of women who all talk crap about eachother and talk crap to eachother and drives me insane... Bloodline of backstabers and I dont want to be apart of it.

I keep forgetting when I type a cuss word the stupid thing changes it....
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Tell ur bf to grow some balls....

Im half italian and I understand the respect thing but my opinion is you only respect someone who respects you back, my husband is spanish/filipino so I know the woman can get pretty nasty be honest to them and let it rip and blame it on pregnancy lol!!

I was honest with his aunt and told one of them to f*ck off since then me and her get along pretty well cause I stood my ground they expect me to bend over backwards for them sorry we are not door mats!!

Hun things will work out but sometimes you need to resolve these matters on your own I hope I can help.
|

replied May 28th, 2006
Experienced User
I will try and make an msn account and download the messanger too...

<3
|

replied May 28th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I do not particularly like my boyfriends family. I don't like how much his mom swears infront of her boyfriends young children, she doesn't treat them very lovingly. I know she would treat her own grandchild better though because she's really good to her niece's baby and loves it to pieces. The reason she treats her boyfriends kids badly is because they are brats and horrible to her, but I don't think that justifies telling a little 4 year old to shut the f*** up. I just think that the child will be exposed to things I don't want it to be by his family, but I think as long as I set guide lines as to what is acceptable (i think as the mother I have this right) and they follow them i'll let them be a part of the baby's life. It's not just his family, i'm not too excited to have my mom be around the baby since she was a pretty big nut case when it came to raising me. She use to hit me lots and take off for days and tell me she was going to kill herself because of me. She was pretty crazy and annoying. Since then she's gotten help and gotten on medication and she is tons better, so I know she'll be good with the baby, and she really wants to be a part of it all. So I will let her. In a way I wish I didn't have to, but that is only because of my personal anger towards her, which I know I shouldn't let affect her and the baby's relationship. I would feel too mean if I kept anyone away, though sometimes when I think about how b*tchy they can be I wish I could.
|

replied May 29th, 2006
Experienced User
Hey I just downloaded the msn messanager and added both of you my hotmail is oo_mamiclaudia_oo @ hotmail dot com
n tanya I know how that is too.. My mom is the same way. She used to tell me she was going to kill herself all the time too.. She is on medication but she takes 25 mg of zoloft a day and I know she isnt depressed and has a mental disorder. Unfortunately threw the up and down moodswings and obbseision and compulsiveness of her you tell her and that you are in for a crazy rollercoaster ride of her !**@! up emotions. I decided I would let her see the baby... But I would be a moron for trusting her alone with the baby.

My aim is ixvamperoticaxi @ aol dot com
|

replied May 29th, 2006
Wow, this sounds so familiar!

I just got in a bit of an e-mail argument with my "mother-in-law" if you will. My mother got into it with her, too. My boyfriend lives 3 hours away right now, so that's really how we communicate other than I talk on the phone with my b/f.

Hopefully it all works out for you. :d
|

replied July 23rd, 2006
Oh boy do I know about that! My boyfriends mother is just....Ugh.. She liked me.She said she wanted to do the baby's room in spongebob!I hate that.The baby is going to be in my room cuz I still live with my parents and I told her im doing it in winnie the pooh(im having a girl) so then when she came down a couple of weeks ago,she didnt bring anything for her granddaughter and she didnt say a word to me! And I tried to talk about it to my boyfriend but he wouldnt listen and got mad cuz I was "talkin bout his momma".I told him I already didnt want her in the room when the baby is born cuz I want ppl there I can actually stand.He said that if I tell her to get out then he will leave with her!!! The nerve.. He makes me upset all the time but then again he loves the baby and he helps out,he is just too immature..Any advice?On any of this
|

replied July 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
My kids father's family is psycho and don't get to see either of my kids!

My hubby, chris. His mom is psycho too she never took care of chris so he lived with his grandma most of his life. His mom called me a [tramp] and doesn't even know me, then she also got knocked up recently and doesn't know if shes going to give the baby to the state of have an abortion. She's like 44.

lmao.

Sounds like some jerry springer sh*t
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Well if ya really want to know haha--i hate my fiances dad--he is a compulsive liar..And I mean to the fullest extent..I cant wait till the day we are so far away that I dont have to see his nasty as*..He treats jonathans(my fiances) mom like a slave and he cant even fix hisself a drink or clip his own toenails or fingernails..Gross huh..Oh yeah and he thinks he can tell me how to raise my child--when he couldnt even raise his own--he caused his oldest son to commit suicide--no joke..He use to be a drunk and beat jonathan and his sister and brother--and now his sister lives 7 hours away hrm ...Wonder why?..Anyways--now you all get why I hate him...--although I love jonathan if he ever turned into his dad I would divorce his as* in a heartbeat..Because I wont be treated like a slave...No wayyy...
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...