Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

What is wrong with my ankle? When can I start dancing again

User Profile
On the 7th Feb this year i tore the anterior ligaments in my right ankle. The hospital said i would be back dancing within a month. However after this time i was still finding it hard to walk so i went to a physio who gave me some exercises. When these started strengthening the ankle and increasing its mobility i was allowed to go back to dancing. However recently my ankle has been constantly swollen and this does not seem to go down. I thought at first it was related to going back to dancing so i stopped going again but my ankle did not improve. It is now getting worse and im starting to find it hard to walk again. Do you have any suggestions as to what is wrong and/or what I should do?
Thanks for your help

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2006
Fitness Answer A1004
It seems that your ankle has not rehabilitated well. You can visit an orthopedist to establish a correct diagnosis and to seek recommendation for proper treatment. A consultation with a physiotherapist may be requested after that. Giving proper and adequate rest to the ankle is the most important therapy.
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Fitness , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.