Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

New Member Looking For Advice

User Profile
Hi all,
hubby and I just started trying 3 months ago. My period is very regular every 29 days.
I understand about cervical mucus and that around the time of ovulation it becomes stretchy...I have not experienced this at all?
Is there cause for concern or has anyone else not had the typical "stretchy" mucus.

Cant wait to become part of the message boards again...Before I got married I became obsessed with posting messages on the bride forums...Here we go again lol!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 29th, 2006
Experienced User
There is a great book called taking charge of your fertility. It teaches you all about your bodiy's fertility signals. Gives tips on how to increase your "fertlility" and has lots of charts and graphs for notes.

Also, try taking a prenatal vitamin daily. It's got lots of folic acid and other nutrients that are good for your body while trying to conceive.

Nancy
edit
|

replied May 29th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi jozzie, i'm a new member as well. To answer your question I don't think that every woman gets the "egg white" cm. I have a regular 28 day cycle and last year november I got pregnant, unfortunately I lost the baby new year's day, and I have never experienced the egg white cm. So it is possible to get pregnant without it.
|

replied May 29th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I agree with foxy. I never noticed the stretchy egg-white type of cm and I always charted my mucus. I did start taking tussin ( equate brand of robbitussin) with the only active ingediant guaifenesin about 2 months ago. And well im 4 weeks now. But only take 2tsp. 4 times a day from day 1 of your period to 3 days after you ovulate.

It may or may not have helped me but I have heard alot of women using it and then conceived. It helps loosen up mucus in your body. Hell 1 bottle only costs $3 and its worth the try.
|

replied June 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
I also never had stretchy cervcal mucous. I thought I never ovulated but apparently I did because i'm pregnant! Since you have regular cycles, you should be fine. Just keep having lots of sex (especially around day 14 of your cycle).
|

replied June 4th, 2006
Experienced User
My doc explained it as more wetness kinda thicker mucus. Been ttc going on month 6 now. Was excited last month b/c I was two days late but af came. Good luck to you!
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2006
Experienced User
Ok, so af came again this month but...It was 5 days early!
Me...Miss regularity, down to the second, can pinpoint the time of day its going to start was 5 days early????

Anyone know if ttc can mess with your cycle?
|

replied June 6th, 2006
Experienced User
Any kind of stress can affect your cycle and that includes stress associated with ttc. That's why most people tell you to relax and it will happen. Well i'm not going to tell you to relax because i'm ttc as well. And nothing feels worse than to go for 28 years avoiding pregnancy and when you are ready to have kids, having to face the question "i am I fertile?.....Can I have kids?" cause it doesn't happen as quickly as you want it to.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....