Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Can I Get My Labret Pierced While Pregnant?

I'm 14 weeks pregnant and I want to get my labret pierced. Is there any risk in that? I see nothing wrong with it, but I need more people to tell me what they think!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Personally, I wouldn't go getting anything pierced at 14 weeks pregnant. Anytime you put holes into any part of your body you have a chance of infection. Why risk it? You probably wouldn't get an infection but there's still that chance and why risk harming yourself and the unborn baby? I would consider waiting until after the pregnancy. Afterall, the time will go by sooner than you know it and then you won't have to worry about an infection harming the baby.
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
My mom owns a tattoo shop and they will pierce you and tattoo u but they make u sign a piece of paper saying that u know the risk and that u cant hold them liable to anything that happens.
I got pierced while I have been preggo.. I have my labret already but I had gotten my tounge re done.
It does take longer to heal and infection rate does increasee but it all depends on ur body. Like sdandra said tho most people wont do it... !! U should wait and just have ur baby. Cause i'll tell u a labret ring with a baby .. Ouch once they are old enough they love to pull it.. !!
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Ask your doctor what he thinks! (i'm betting he doesn't think it's a good idea...)
|

replied September 10th, 2009
percing while pregnant
oh my god why is every one saying no you shouldnt get it ok im 30 weeks prego and im going down today to get snake bits there should be no worrie of infection if your mouth stays clean with mouth wash just like they dont go horse back riding when your pregnant hello i did with out worrie so if your really that afraid call your doctor
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...