Most people may not even post this...But i'm a hypochondriac (or so i've been told), so I figure I will just to get some feedback.

I have a slight feeling of tenderness under my right ribs....It's nothing major and it's never sharp...It's quite dull and won't cause anything more than slight discomfort.

Here are the symptoms: (in list format just b/c it keeps me from rambling)

-- slight feeling of tenderness when the area is touched, or when my body suddenly moves (such as hitting a bump in the car). The touch doesn't have to be much...It can be water from the shower hitting it. However, the weird part is that if I touch it and feel the tenderness a couple of times, subsequent touches won't yield any feelings. It's like it "goes away" after a touch or 2 for a while.

-- I don't feel anything if i'm sitting down or laying down. Rarely do I feel it walking....It can happen after a while of walking, but typically this is pretty small.

-- i've felt the region and looked at it and cannot see any bulge, feel any lumps or notice any discoloration. Both sides of my stomach feel the same.

So yeah...I know this is the region of the gall bladder and liver organ-wise. I'm not sure if it'd be those, or perhaps a deep bruise....Or maybe a strain of a muscle. I have no clue.

**note: I would typically just go to a doctor b/c I tend to be a hypochondriac but my benefits haven't kicked in yet at work. So i'm just trying to "feel it out".**
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper NODAK
|

replied February 11th, 2012
ive been havin tendernes between ribs an upper mid stomache
its very uncomfortable its there no matter what im doin
maybe i should have it checked out
thanks for ur info
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...