Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Miscarriage and Stillbirth Forum

Miscarriage Symptoms, Blood Clots, Severe Pain (Page 1)

Hi,

today I was supposed to be 11 weeks pregnant instead I find myself losing my baby. It started on friday, I had brownish blood, I called my doctor and she said to take my medicines (she had prescribed some infection medicine earlier in the pregnancy) anyway, on saturday (yesterday) I felt blood gushing down as I wiped it was bright red, I passed on a few blood clots it followed with severe abdominal pain. I know that I lost my baby, and it's a horrible thing to go through. Tommorrow or tuesday I plan to go to the doctor again to have myself checked out to make sure all the tissue is out, otherwise I would need a d&c. Today I am slightly bleeding and now I am wondering why it slowed down so much after suffering the loss of my baby.
My question to the ladies is...How much did you bleed the first day, second day ? I bled heavily for a couple hours and this morning it almost completely stopped. Could this be normal? Would I bleed again, I just don't want any tissue in me. This is so scary! I'll be going to the doctor anyway, please share your experiences with me.

Thanks, ady
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 31st, 2006
Hi. I was just told today that I am going through a miscarrage. Ive been bleeding for almost 8 days now. First 4 days was black and brown blood and then it started to turn red with clots. And now that the blood is getting lighter the cramps are more intense. I happy it happened because im only 18 and I was wasnt expecting a baby, but im also very upset with the fact that I had something that was living in me die in me.
|

replied June 1st, 2006
Experienced User
How can you be happy for something like that to happen, rather you are ready or not. I was 15 when I got pregnant and never wished that I didn't have him. Omg I just can't believe you said that. I'm 18 and just recently went through a miscarriage, and it was the most awful thing. I just can't get over someone being soo happy they had a miscarriage. Uh.....
|

replied June 1st, 2006
Experienced User
I cant believe u said that either how can you be happy to have a miscarriage thats so wrong whether you were ready or not.. Its the most awdul thing in the world to go through when you want a baby that much not a relief... No wonder you posted as guest you know what people are ging to say about that comment... I cant believe you just said that no matter your age...
|

replied June 1st, 2006
Experienced User
I can't get over people these days being happy to have a miscarriage, and all I want is to have another healthy pregnancy. And there u go wishing. Man I just want to scream :screaming:( god do we have some stupid people in the world now days.
|

replied June 1st, 2006
Experienced User
Exactly id just be happy with one healthy pregnancy but I cant even seem to manage that just one... I cant carry my baby and keep it safe for some stupid reason yet people are happy that they have had miscarriages that doesnt seem fair at all...
|

replied June 1st, 2006
Experienced User
No a.L.O.N.E that is not fair at all, that people are like that, I have a two year old son, but it was trouble trying to keep him in my tummy where he need to be. I started going into labor about five months, cervix thinned and already 2 cm dilated and at that he was a month early when he did come. I home you go on and have a healthy pregnancy. I send u all(well not all casue I need some lol) my baby dust.
|

replied June 1st, 2006
Experienced User
Thankyou matthieus mom... Yeah u save some baby dust for you too...Lol
it just really gets to me when people dnt appreciate the chances thyve been given and are happy tht their babies died..
I dnt normally post tht much but this one just annoyed me so much no wonder thy posted as a guest x x
|

replied June 1st, 2006
Experienced User
You are very much welcom. Yeah I think i'll save just a little for myself. Yeah people get me with that too. They should thank god that they god blessed because not very many people do. I just can't see how someone can be happy over something like that I just don't se how. I mean I have seen what my soon to be sister in law has went through and I don't wish that on no one. She had a m/c, then got prengnant and had him almost three months early, and then two more m/c. She just can't carry a baby. So how long have you been trying?
|

replied June 1st, 2006
Experienced User
Well the first one was an accident but I still wanted it..I still loved it then I had a mc 8 or 9 weeks then I got pregnant quite soon after bout a month or so because I didnt realise how fertile u were but I wnted that one so much I felt like id been given a second chance.. Iwnted2wait2no tht everything was ok before I told anyone especially the 2nd timme but I never got tht far and I lost it, my bf doesnt know about any of them... So I come off the pill altogher cuz my body was so messed up n now I think tht its happening again I didnt wnt to admit I just wanted it to be a bad period I had all the symptoms of pregnancy but was too scared to do a test but then istarted bleeding really bad and I just wnted it to be a bad period but im not sure...The pains have been so bad so much like before n ive had quite a few clots n more than u wud get with a peiod quite big ones thy scred me so much it made it so real...
Sorry if this doesnt make much sense I just wrote it down before I think about it... I guess this is y this post got to me so much, I cant believe ppl can be happy about a miscarriage thyre so horrible and I just feel like I lose another piece of me everytime...
Sorry for going on x x x
thanks for replying to me xxxx
how long have you been trying to conceive.. Bet u felt such an achievement when u had ur son x x
|

replied June 1st, 2006
Experienced User
Yeah well I was yound when I had my son, and I guess u can say that I am still young only 18. I'm sooo sorry about all of you m/c's. I wouldn't wish that on no one. How come your boyfriend didn't know? Have the doctors ran any test to see why u keep on m/cing? Well I was soo sad about my last m/c, I try not to beat myself up over it b/c it was nothing I could have helped because it was ectopic. They said I was very lucky because I didn't have to have surgery or a shot to dissolve the pregnancy :cry:(....But it miscarried on it's on. Now I just feel so empty on the inside. I mean to make matters worst my best friend is pregnant and she was just a couple of weeks ahead of me, and she talks about it all the time, how she heard the heart beat and the finding out the sex last week, I try n be happy for her but it's just so depressing at the same time. But me and my boyfriend really want another one so we are going to try. I just recently got my first period after the m/c last wk. So we have been trying. Yeah it was such a relief when I did have my soon, though it was scary cause he was a month early, I was just soo happy he was okay. I mean I was going into labor three or four times a week every week for about three months or so. Very scary. But I hope u get pregnant really soon and be able to carry it to term.
|

replied June 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Oh hunny it soundslike youve had a really rough time im so sorry for your loss and so glad you son made it sounds like it wasnt easy but I bet u think the world of him... Im still actounded that someone can say that theyre happy that they had a miscarriage... I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy I really wouldnt...I just couldnt seem to find the words to tell my boyfriend the first time I was unsure of what he would say but the second time I didnt care because I would have kept and loved it so so so much... The first time I went to the doctors I had a really bad time ad the nurse was so rude to me, it was bad enough without her... So the second time I didnt go at all I already knew what was happening to me I didnt need them to tell me when there was nothing they could do to stop it, I was gutted so this time I guess im just in denial as to whether it really has happened I just want to think it was a bad period but deep down I know and I cant lie to myself forever :( :( :( :( :(
oh I really hope you and you bf get pregnant really soon and you have a happy healthy pregnancy with no problems..How old urs son now?I bet you love every minute u spend with him x x
sorry this was so long...
|

replied June 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Yeah I had a really tough time with him, but i'm so glad I have him. I don't know what I would do without him he is my world. Well I hope you get a miracle and get a baby, casue it sounds like you really want one and I hope you get it. Yeah I hope this time around my pregnancy is alot better. My son is now two years old, has bad asmtha and has an imunne(sp?) problem. He catches everything and anything.
|

replied June 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
I bet you dnt you are so lucky I bet he was worth all that worry... Sounds like ustill having a rough time with him now, iv got asthma too.. Me too I really hope you get pregnant soon and have a healthy relaxed pregnancy... Me to I would love a baby so much I would love it so so so much it wouldnt want for anything and it would have all the love in the world but at the moment I feel like its never ever going to happen and I dnt wnt to admit whats happened this time... :( :( :( :(
thanks for replying its really nice to talk sometimes x x x x
|

replied June 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Yeah I find myself lucky for having him. Yeah we are still having a rough go at it, he has to have pulmacort twice a day, alburtal. Every two hour when he's sick and once a day if he's not. And singular once a day. And sometimes seroiods. So yeah I hope we both go on to have a happy and healthy pregnancy. Good luck and tons of baby dust your way.
|

replied June 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
You too... Sending you lots of baby dust it was lovely talking to you... I hope your little boy gets better as time goes on maybe hell grow out of it cuz thy say you can every 7 years so fingers crossed.. Hugs x x
|

replied September 8th, 2006
Please Understand.
I think i'm going thru a m/c and i'm very upset, but i'm also a bit releaved. Not happy--- relieved! I'm going thru a bad divorce and i'm seeing a very wonderful man. If I was prego, and had been able to carry it, it would have stopped my divorce. My boyfriend is very supportive about this, but he doesn't want to have kids yet. We both want to wait until after we get married, but we won't be getting married anytime soon. I have one healthy happy 3 yr. Old son that my bf treats just like his own and I would love to have his children, we just aren't ready yet. My bf is still getting over his bloody divorce. We are dealing with this together, and we will keep dealing with it until i'm okay. I just hope that when we are ready, and trying, that I will have a healthy pregnancy.
|

replied September 20th, 2006
Evil or Very Mad I think you should be ashamed of your self for saying you don't know if you were happy to have a miscarriage, the only thing I can say to you is god bless people with angels and the devil allows you to have a mind to destroy misuse and take away the mind I will pray for all the days of my life.
|

User Profile
replied September 23rd, 2006
Ha U Guys Are Crazy!!!!!!
Am 20 years old and I just cant understand u people that r happy or glad u had a miscarriage I had 2 miscarriage already in 2 years one at 16 weeks and the other one at 11 weeks and those 2 years have been the most painfull years of my life I just felt like I wanted to die and I dont understand how cant u be so happy the only thing that goes throught my mind is god knows why he took him away from u, u probably wernt gonna be a good mommy
|

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2006
Re: Ha U Guys Are Crazy!!!!!!
I agree with everyone that said this, how dare you!!
I'm at a high risk m/c right now, it's the scariest time of my life, every night I fall a sleep in tears and wake up in fear of what i'll find. I walk on egg shells all day, scared to even bend down to pick something off the floor. The thought of loosing my baby is the most horrifying thing i've ever experienced.
I pray each minute that I have a healthy baby that it waits until the right time to come out. I was 18 when I got pregnant and though some of you think that’s too young then you shouldn’t be having unprotected sex if you can't handle the after effects, but don’t sit there and say you're relieved you lost the greatest treasure you could have ever known or happy that a life that could have meant something is over! You people make me so angry!

dennisse wrote:
am 20 years old and I just cant understand u people that r happy or glad u had a miscarriage I had 2 miscarriage already in 2 years one at 16 weeks and the other one at 11 weeks and those 2 years have been the most painfull years of my life I just felt like I wanted to die and I dont understand how cant u be so happy the only thing that goes throught my mind is god knows why he took him away from u, u probably wernt gonna be a good mommy
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....