Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

What Are the Dos & Donts of Being With a Hiv+ Bisexual M

I am a heterosexual woman, ive just met a man that I am very intrested in hes told me that hes hiv +. And that he hasnt been with a women since before he was diagnosed in the 80's. This is all very confusing to me yet I find myself drawn to him. What should or shouldnt I do with him sexually. Additionally what does this mean for him.. Life span ..General health etc, I know nothing about hiv or having a relationship with a bisexual man. Pls advise...Or direct me to another source.

Last edited by newbe on May 22nd, 2006 09:24 AM; edited 1 time in total
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
Hiv
Use strong condoms and water-based lubricant for vaginal sex.

Use a condom when giving him oral sex.

Him giving you oral sex is no risk.

Kissing in any form is no risk.

Mutual masturbation is no risk.

Condoms work - use them properly everytime and you will avoid infection.

As far as life-span goes, with increasingly good drug therapy, there is every chance that a positive person can live a normal lifespan.

The fact that he is bisexual means nothing at all in terms of his hiv status now.

For further advice, from experts (some of whom live in serodiscrodant relationships), visit aidsmeds.Com, which provides clear cut and up-to-date information.
|

replied May 22nd, 2006
What Are the Dos & Donts of Being With a Hiv+ Bisexual M
Finess150, thank you so much, just one more question from reading other postings I got that giving my new friend oral sex with out a condom was safe. Can you tell me why its not?

Thanks again your a god /goddess
newbe
|

replied May 23rd, 2006
Experienced User
Oral Sex
The risks of giving oral sex to a man are low, and indeed debateable. Without ejaculation, i'd go as far as to say that there is no real risk. The risks centre around the fact that there are mucous membranes in the tonsil region of the mouth - not as receptive as the vagina, urethra or rectum, but nevertheless present. So, all in all, i'd say it was wise to use a condom. There have been a couple of reports of infection having occured this way; it is noteworthy however that in these cases it is very likely that the people had very poor oral hygeine: bleeding gums, numerous infected sores etc.
In conclusion - not really much of a risk at all, but its up to you.
|

replied May 29th, 2006
Experienced User
You Are Indeed a Human
Accepting someone though known to be poz has been decresing, as the awareness has grown a lot throughout.

However, since you are very accomodative with such men, my cheers to you.

Precautions the right way will protect you to enjoy sex with your partner to a certain extent, but it cannot be 100%. If you are aware of it, and is ready to accept it the way it comes, go ahead.

If you have a doubt everytime you have sex, that you could be infected , better avoid it. Its safer that way

however, falling in love is different from having sex with him. So do not avoid him. Show him the love you can, as he was very honest with you, and he needs your support too
|
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....