Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

kyphosis (scheuermann's disease) a mild endplate irregularit

Back in april of 2003 I was diagnosed with having kyphosis (scheuermann's disease)after having a great deal of pain in my lower back.My doctor sent me off to have an x-ray done on my thoracic spine & the report reads: there is a mild endplate irregularity at multiple levels but no focal vertebral body compression.The alignment is normal.Now I have no idea what any of that means & it wasn't explained to me but I was sent to have physio done which I did do,but the pain was getting worse in my lower back & I was also getting pain down my left leg.I saw my dr again & told him of the pain/different feelings I had been getting in my left leg & in my lower back,he then sent me off to have a ct scan done & the report reads:
history: low back pain & left sciatica technique: axial scans were performed through the l3-4,l4-5 & l5-s1 disc space & sagittal reconstructions were also performed.

L3-4: no abnormality.

L4-5: there is a mild focal right paracentral disc protrusion causing a mild impression on the anterior right side of the thecal sac.There is some calcification in the posterior aspect of the disc on the left side at this level. L5-s1: there is some calcification in the posterior aspect of the disc centrally.No focal disc protrusion,thecal sac or nerve root compression is demonstrated.

Summary: there is a mild central & para-central l4-5 disc protrusion.

I have been to see an orthopedic surgeon about this & he said for me to loose weight,i weigh around 80kgs,i'm a female aged 33 of medium solid build & I work in the supermarket industry.I have been off work now for 9 months due to this & I still don't know what is going on,i get either pins & needles or a weak feeling down my left leg to my foot & occasionally I get the pins & needles in my lower back but other than that I have pain in my back at all times.My back has been feeling worse & the pain is higher up my back now but I think that is due to the fact that I try to catch my partner whom has epilepsy from hitting her head on the ground.Can you please help me try to understand this as I am on no pain medication due to other reasons the dr won't give them to me.I would appreciate your opinion & maybe then I will understand what this all means.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Andre V Strizhak
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...