Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

You Tricky, Tricky...beautiful Thing

I just wanted to share how pregnancy is so mysterious

there are couples who try for months to years to have a baby and make a family, and it either happens or there are people who find out they need help from something like invitro.

Then there are people who are on bc like the patch or depo and who get pregnant unexpectedly, or they didnt want to at all.

You have kids who go and try to have a baby at a young age and boom they are prego like that first time. But it takes others wayy longer even if they have been goin at it for longer

and it just baffels me how everyone is so different.

Me, I dont like taking pills, ever..And im not on bc and my b/f of 3 years pulls out.....For 3 years I never got pregnant yet they say 25% of couples get prego within the 1st year of the pull out method.
So yea, I am one of the people who is not trying but if I were to (get preggers) I am able to support and I have the support I would need. I am ready for the consequences of a baby because of my actions (no bc)

idk I just feel bad for so many people who are trying and it isnt working.
So even if u get ur period symptoms dont give up hope. Right now I have my period but u can have a period and still be prego slim, but it is a chance!

I know a lot of symptoms are similar but lots of baby dust to you all
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2006
Experienced User
That is so so so true!
The human body is so different from person to person.
Some couples try for years with no success. Some couples have much success getting pregnant but, can't seem to stay pregnant. And then there are those lucky ones that stop birth control, throw caution to the wind and get pregnant the first month.
I had no idea (until we started trying) that there was such a science to the act of conception.
|

User Profile
replied June 1st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
My husband and I used what he lovingly coined the "pull and pray" method for a year and a half with zero pregnancies on my part. We finally decided we were ready to stop all "prevention" techniques and see what happens in november of last year. I looked up my ovulation cycle on a calculator online, made sure to elevate my hips (husband laughed so hard at that) and, lo and behold, had a positive hpt by the end of that month.
|

User Profile
replied June 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Congrats!!!

Health and happiness to you!!!
We also held in great faith the "pull and prey method" lol that cracks me up!
I always just assumed that things would be that easy for us but its only been 3 months...But this month we really did the calculations so hears hoping!
|

replied June 4th, 2006
Experienced User
It is very weird and some ways not fair. But neithers life. I have a friend who just got into a relationship and finds out shes pregnant. They dont even want kids and it makes me so mad b/c i'm trying and just get discouraged each month and then have to look up my charts again and start over a new month. A few years ago I use to joke that b/c I want kids it will be hard for me and low and behold its happening! It's a sad thing
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2006
Experienced User
Sorry to hear that :(
its true though...Seems like the people who want kids the least have the easiest time getting pregs and those of us who would do anything have the problems.
How long have you been trying?
|

replied June 4th, 2006
Experienced User
We are going into our sixth month. I have to go for yearly next month and my doc said if were not preggo yet he'll see what test we can look into and see if there are any problems. Most people wait a year but I guess its bc were both fairly young me 21 my husband 24
|

User Profile
replied June 4th, 2006
Experienced User
Well I guess the key to things is just more sex!
Im sure that both of us are just fine and its a matter of timing.

Baby dust to us both!
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....