Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Cervical Dysplasia

I am new to this board so kinda bear with me...Im 33 years old. Last year I had my pap smear done and it came back abnormal.. Was ascus at the time...My ob/gyn recommended that I come back in 6 months for a follow up pap which I did. That pap result came back as a cin iii, so I was scheduled after that to have a colposcopy done..That biopsy wasnt all that bad, just some mild cramping afterwards.. The results came back as still a cin iii, so I was scheduled then for a leep procedure which was done the beginning of this month. I was more afraid of the needle than the procedure itself. My results came back as there still being cervical dysplasia present in the cervix...Should I have a second opinion taken?
Is their any type of natural antioxidants or vitamins out there that can help? I am open to any options.
Women-take care of yourselves out there and be safe..
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2018
Welcome to e health forum.

The major cause for Cervical Dysplasia, is chronic infection with the Human Papilloma Virus, expecially the high risk types 16 or 18.

The source of infection in a couple (monogamous or married) can be determined only after testing both of them. Having sexually active before marriage, and having multiple partners over the years can increase the risk of HPV infection. In many women who were sexually active before marriage may have got the infection before marriage can present with Cervical dysplasia, later on.

If your husband was the only sexual partner in your entire life, then the possibility that he might have got the infection prior marriage or chances of extramarital infections could be the cause.

Treatment for higher grade CIN involves removal or destruction of the neoplastic cervical cells by cryocautery, electrocautery, laser cautery, loop electrical excision procedure (LEEP), or cervical conization. The treatment is highly effective but there is a 20% chance of recurrence.

It would be recommended that you consult your doctor or your OB-GYN who can see your results and provide additional accurate information and medical advice.

I hope this helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.