Could you someone tell me what peri-prosthetic lucency is. Thank you Cool Cool
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 18th, 2004
Periprosthetic lucency is a well-recognized result of loosening of the prosthesis and of infection, obtained from net on the following site: :http://radiology.Rsnajnls.Org/cgi/content /abstract/155/2/315 Sad
|

replied March 9th, 2004
Knee Replacement
My husband is 39 and just had a tkr 2 weeks ago. He is still on pain meds every 4 hrs, uses a walker, and only sleeps at 1-2 hr intervals at night. Whats going on and how long will this continue?
|

replied April 24th, 2004
Re: Knee Replacement
mamatrask wrote:
my husband is 39 and just had a tkr 2 weeks ago. He is still on pain meds every 4 hrs, uses a walker, and only sleeps at 1-2 hr intervals at night. Whats going on and how long will this continue?

hi! I had my tkr 9 months ago. It did take some time to get off the meds. At times I still have to take a pain pill. It took me around 8 weeks or more before I could sleep through the night. My new replacement is doing well. It is so nice to do things that I haven't been able to do for couple years. I'm 49 years old. Good luck. Sandy
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....