Medical Questions > Relationships > Dating Forum

Why Would a Guy Do This?

I kind of had this flirtation type thing with this guy and he said he wanted to be more serious, but I was under too much stress at the time and couldnt handle a relationship. We remained friends, and randomly hooked up some months later. I then find out he has a new girlfriend he didnt tell me about, and he blames the whole hooking up on me, because I would occasionally call him to hang out. I really didnt care either way so I just brushed it off and went on with life. Now he keeps constantly bringing the whole thing up with mutual friends. He also refuses to give me any of the stuff of mine he has back. I don't even want it anymore. At first the way he was acting was really funny, but now that its been like 8 months its just weird and annoying. I have gone on completely with my life and he just keeps saying all this stuff about me and asking if im making "other friends choose me over him". I don't even ever talk about him aside from laughing if he's brought up? I thought we left drama like this in highschool. Why would he act like this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 18th, 2006
Experienced User
Ur Post
I may be only 17, but I think he still has feelings for you.Because if he did not why would he keep bringing you up. And the reason he wont give back your stuff is because he is sickly obsested with you and wants the rememberanse of being with someone like you...By the way he might think he is still in high school, but both oyu and I know that you are not. By the way how old are you? Never mind... But yeah he probably still wants you
|

replied May 19th, 2006
Hey, I kind of suspected that, and its sort of freaking me out. We're both 21 and I feel like I am in 6th grade. I thought about confronting him and asking if he does still have feels for me, but I feel like I would come off as really concieted, or really stupid if I am wrong. I'm really not sure what to do at this point. It's getting really old as you can imagine.
|

replied May 19th, 2006
Hey kitty...

I can understand how shitty it is...To be dumped...And be accused of everything. Well, not all guys are alike. Perhaps you hurried too much...You should have spent some more time knwing him better, before you get into anything serious. That would have given you enough time to know if he's just playing around or he's really serious.

Well...What has happened can't be changed...And there's no point in crying over all those things again. You should find someone to whom you can share...Someone 'alike'!!! I mean who can shoulder you even after knwing what has happened between you two.

Or some other site...And find someone that fits your personality! Do not hurry into anything. Start by some online dating first. When you trust the person enough...Then you go for the serious things!!
|

replied May 19th, 2006
Hey nish...

Thanks for the advice, I totally understand what you mean. I think you kind of misunderstood my question though. I have started seeing someone else (not serious though), but this guy seriously wont stop saying all this stuff about me. Its almost to the point of harassing, and it is very, very annoying. I'm trying to figure out where he is coming from and how to make him stop. I am really confused as to why anyone would still be doing this, many months after the fact
|

replied May 19th, 2006
Oooops!! Sorry kitty... I got your point now! Hey...Then it seems something more serious!! Why don't you inform the police??
|

replied May 19th, 2006
Experienced User
Ur Post
Inform the police and tell them what you have told us. Tell them you are feeling harressed and intimidated, ask them nicely to please stop. If that does not work then get a restraining order...

Hope that I have helped
|

replied May 19th, 2006
Experienced User
Ur Post
Inform the police and tell them what you have told us. Tell them you are feeling harressed and intimidated, ask them nicely to please stop. If that does not work then get a restraining order...

Hope that I have helped
|

replied May 22nd, 2006
You can file a case on him... He's pestering you constantly, so file a case of harassment on him!
|
Quick Reply