Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Sleeping/breathing Problems

Well I was having anxiety attacks about a year ago and it was real bad. I have been to the er for anxiety attacks before but I can usually control them now. I started taking zoloft and I have been cured until last week. Somthing set off my anxiety and this week has been hell. I have trouble breathing, eating, fast heart beat, and trouble sleeping. The thing that scares me the most is the trouble sleeping. I sleep maybe an hour to two hours a day. Im not sure if it is because my throat is swelling or that im just scared to sleep. My lungs also feel like they are burning sometimes and they are always tired. Hard times =( haha well I am back on zoloft and they also gave me prednisone to stop my throat from swelling.

I was wondering if anyone else felt as if their lungs were burning or tired or had truoble sleeping?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 18th, 2006
Oh yea does anyone elses anxiety act up when they get in cars. When my anxiety gets bad like this I can't leave the house or do much physical activity?
|

replied May 20th, 2006
Experienced User
I never had the burning feeling in my lungs but have had the throat and breathing problems many times. I think it is good that you are on zoloft as that helped me more than any other med but I think I have found something else that is good. Join a cbt group. I still have a little over have way to go but I am making good progress with it and there is a thought exercise called a tea form that the better I get at using the more it helps me. Good luck and I hope you get a handle on this as it sounds like it is turning into agoraphobia for you and you don't want that to happen from what I have heard.
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Perhaps Acid Reflux?
It might be your diet. Try eating soemthing water-rich for dinner, like a garden salad with salad. Something that will digest easily. Then see if you still suffer at night with that. Worked for me!
|

replied June 5th, 2006
Experienced User
How are you doing now billy?
|

replied June 6th, 2006
Re: Sleeping/breathing Problems
billy87 wrote:
well I was having anxiety attacks about a year ago and it was real bad. I have been to the er for anxiety attacks before but I can usually control them now. I started taking zoloft and I have been cured until last week. Somthing set off my anxiety and this week has been hell. I have trouble breathing, eating, fast heart beat, and trouble sleeping. The thing that scares me the most is the trouble sleeping. I sleep maybe an hour to two hours a day. Im not sure if it is because my throat is swelling or that im just scared to sleep. My lungs also feel like they are burning sometimes and they are always tired. Hard times =( haha well I am back on zoloft and they also gave me prednisone to stop my throat from swelling.

I was wondering if anyone else felt as if their lungs were burning or tired or had truoble sleeping?
those are all symptoms of an anxiety disorder. What type of anxiety do you have?
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...