A few years ago I developed acholasia, wich is a closing of the esophagus. I had surgery to correct the problem but I had an underlying problem that I cant seem to get diagnosed correctly, it comes in waves, I have a few weeks where I am fine then all of a sudden I am woke up in the middle of the nite with an intense pressure on my diaphragm and I need to belch but cant. So I run to the bathroom and the air tries to come up and it makes me gag forever until a few hours later this intensly loud painful belch comes out, I usualy have to do this a few times for relief and then I am ok for about half a day. The symptoms last a week or more and its gettin more severe, I have had almost every test known to science with no diagnosis and its gettin more severe. I have been taking zelnorm because when some upper gi tests were done I was told for some reason I am not digesting food properly and its givin me constipation and bloating of the stomach. But its reaching a point that I cant deal wth the pain of this attacks anymore, and I have never heard of and cannot find any information on my symptoms, can anyone help me :?:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 14th, 2014
I have a similar issue but have never gotten a diagnosis besides gerd because I also have heartburn. If you drink kombucha tea, which is carbonated, would that bring out a belch? I do that plus I drink cardamom and take Acid Ease. I just started an ulcer med carafate and it helps. But years ago I had this and an ulcer was not found.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....