How are u doing? Yeah I guess time is starting to pass more fast yay I can hear the heartbeat soon. Just curious do u think ur having a baby girl or baby boy? Omg ur appt is almost here im so excited for u. I had a dream the other night I was taking care of this baby girl so hopefully thats what im having :)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 18th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I'm doing ok. The point i'm at now is frustrating. I don't feel sick and I don't feel the baby moving so basically I feel nothing. I'm basically nervous all the time. But this is how I felt for a week or 2 leading up to my last appointment and I heard the heartbeat and everything was fine so I just have to keep telling myself everything is ok. Oh, and I get these headaches every single afternoon around the same time and i'm still peeing 3-4 times a night and my face is still breaking out so I guess those are good signs, right? I can't wait until I can feel the baby moving! And I can't wait for my ultrasound, less than 2 weeks now! Well, i'm convinced it's a girl. I've felt it all along (so strongly that I almost bought a little pink outfit the other day). A woman at work is going to do the needle test today and she said "it's so accurate you can just cancel your ultrasound". Lol. Well, we'll see. And i've had dreams about both and even dreams about twins (which I would love!). My changing table/dresser came yesterday and my crib is being delivered today and we're going to get the stroller on saturday. Everything is coming together!

What day is your appointment? If they say it's too early to hear the heartbeat ask if they'll at least try. Are you getting morning sickness or anything? Any other symptoms?

Wow, I just go on and on sometimes...
|

replied May 18th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi Iheart
Wow im very tired today. I think I still have the same symptoms like tired a lot, cramps, headaches, and still m/s too ahh hope it goes away soon. I was pretty happy last night I actually slept thru the night without needing to wake up to go lol yay.

Thats cool u have a feeling its a girl, well I really hope u get what u want :)
aww I want a baby girl too hehe, oh yeah what was ur baby's heart rate when you heard it last time? I wanna see when I listen to the heartbeat if I might have a girl too. Aww lol I wonder how I will feel if I have a baby boy instead now that both me and my hunny hopes for a girl. What are u planning to do if u find out u are having a baby girl? Are u gonna go buy a pink outfit?

Snowygirl
|

replied May 19th, 2006
Ohh
Yeah forgot to tell u my appt is next friday hehe im so excited :)
|

replied May 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
My baby's heartrate was 175 at 9 weeks and 155 at 14 weeks. That's pretty high, I think. Now i've felt it's a girl all along (last time I felt it was a boy, but we didn't get far enough to find out) and I found out fairly recently that if you eat or drink a lot of acidic foods and drinks then your vagina will be too acidic for the male sperm to travel through. Weird, I know. But it makes sense since the male sperm are weaker than the female. So if you recall (because i've mentioned it in previous posts) I was drinking a shitload of orange juice the month I conceived, pretty much starting around my last period up until my missed period. I heard that acidic thing way after I drank all the orange juice so I wasn't doing it because of that. So we'll see how much truth that holds but I hope it's true! I already have the baby's homecoming outfit picked out if it's a girl. It's just a tiny little light pink outfit with feet and a matching hat. It's kinda fuzzy and warm looking so that'll be good for the end of october. I almost bought it but thought I might jinx myself.

Anyway, I can't wait to hear about your appointment. I have to go in for bloodwork sometime next week. :(
|

replied May 19th, 2006
Hello
Iheart, I just read if baby's heartrate is over 140 it could be a girl so maybe u might have a girl hehe if its true. Im excited for u. Oh yeah how come u need to get bld work done next week, what is it for? I thought u dont see ur doc till the following week?
|

replied May 19th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I went in today for the bloodwork. I had to go in between 5/13 and 5/27 for the afp testing. This is what it's for:

"the afp test, sometimes called the msafp or maternal serum afp, is where a blood sample is drawn from the mother to check the levels of afp. Afp is a protein secreted by the fetal liver and excreted in the mother's blood. It is generally used for detecting neural tube defects, but it can also indicate: abdominal wall defects esophageal and duodenal atresia, some renal and urinary tract anomalies turner syndrome, some low birth weight fetuses, and placental complications. A low level of afp could also indicate down syndrome."

it's an optional thing but I decided to go for it. I figured i'd rather know if something isn't right than be surprised after delivering. I'm not nervous or anything though. I'm sure everything will come back normal.

I'm going to babies r us tomorrow. It's an hour away so I won't be going there often. I'm just going to get my stroller. I hope I don't go crazy buying things!
|

replied May 23rd, 2006
Hi Iheart
Hehe did u buy any new things for ur baby at babies r us?
I was looking at cute receiving blankets today at the store but I guess I will buy them later like in a few months. Aww im anxious to hear my baby's heartbeat only a few days left but feels like long time away. How are u doing, like have u felt ur baby move yet or how much wt have u gain? Just curious hehe dont mind me. Its kind of weird I dont feel as hungry now like want to eat all the time.

Snowygirl
|

replied May 23rd, 2006
Hi Iheart
Hehe did u buy any new things for ur baby at babies r us?
I was looking at cute receiving blankets today at the store but I guess I will buy them later like in a few months. Aww im anxious to hear my baby's heartbeat only a few days left but feels like long time away. How are u doing, like have u felt ur baby move yet or how much wt have u gain? Just curious hehe dont mind me. Its kind of weird I dont feel as hungry now like want to eat all the time.

Snowygirl
|

replied May 23rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Babies r us was pretty fun! I just bought the stroller I wanted (the one I showed you with the sheep) and looked at all the other stuff i'd picked out online. We're going to go back in a couple weeks to register there. I want to put the stroller together so bad but there's no point since it would just sit in the garage until we move. I can't wait to move so I can put the crib and everything else together! Anyway, i'd say i'm doing ok but really i'm a nervous wreck. I'm tempted to see if I can go by my doctor's tomorrow so I can hear the heartbeat and ease my mind. I just feel like nothing's going on in there. I haven't felt a thing yet and i'm not really showing so i'm worried. Even though I read alot of other forums where some of the women who are at the same stage as me are feeling the same I just feel anxious. I can't wait until next wednesday! I don't know how much weight i've gained. At my last appointment i'd gained 4 pounds all together. I don't weigh myself at home and i'm a little worried about what my weight will be at my next appointment. I'm not eating a lot more than usual but i'm eating different things, like tons of cheese and sour cream on everything! Well, i'm glad things are going well with you. Is the morning sickness gone? I hope you get to hear the heartbeat at your appointment!
|

replied May 23rd, 2006
Iheart :)
Glad u had fun at babies r us. Dont worry im sure ur baby is ok :)
its normal to worry its cuz u are a caring mother hehe :)i still have some m/s but I hope it goes away soon and like u said I cant wait till my next appt! Let me know how ur appt goes :)
|

replied May 23rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Well I ended up completely freaking out this morning. I moved my appointment to today and of course everything turned out to be fine. I think I can relax now. At least until my ultrasound! I feel so much better though.
|

replied May 23rd, 2006
Yay
Glad u have a great appt. And heartbeat still over 140 hehe maybe u are really having a baby girl, how exciting :)
|

replied May 23rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Oh, and I forgot to mention I gained 8 pounds... In 3 weeks! I almost died. And also, a woman I work with did the needle test 3 times and it kept coming up boy. I don't believe it though. We'll see in a week!
|

replied May 24th, 2006
Oh
Hehe u must of gotten more hungry frequently and ate more? I did lol I gained up to almost three lbs now is that too much? Aww I dont know im still hungry a lot of the times. Can I ask what is the needle test? That sounds scary the experience u just described im scared.

Wow im totally tired these days but the thing is I cant sleep well :(
i keep on rolling and stuff lol. That sucks. How about u do u sleep well?
Omg my appt is coming up, im getting so nervous.
|

replied May 24th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
The thing is I don't feel like i've been eating too much more than usual. But like I said i'm covering everything in cheese and sour cream, that can't be good! But my doc said it's fine unless i've gained 8 more pounds by my next appointment. Oh, and I eat ice cream pretty much every night! Anyway, I think you're fine gaining 3 pounds. You're supposed to gain about 4 pounds in the first trimester. Then my doc said a pound a week for a while.

During the needle test I just had to lay on the floor and the woman I work with dangled a needle on a thread over my stomach. If it goes in a circle it's a girl and if it goes side to side it's a boy. It's just an old wive's tale though. She kept insisting she'd never been wrong but I kept telling her she was this time.

And no, I sleep like crap! I was getting these daily afternoon headaches and now I seem to have them all day long and they're especially bad at night. I wake up constantly because of them. Last night I broke down and took some tylenol and even that didn't really help. I hope you don't get the headaches. I think you can take something to help you sleep but I prefer not to take anything (hence the reason I avoid the tylenol).

Don't be nervous about your appointment! Everything will be great! (maybe this means nothing coming from me considering my freak out yesterday!) any names yet?
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Hello Iheart
Im sorry about u having headaches, oh gosh I had one last night too and I didnt sleep well. Yeah im so nervous about my appt tomorrow but at the same time im really excited too! Are ur headaches getting better?
So how did the needle test go, did it say u were having a girl?
I really really hope ur having a baby girl and me too.
|

replied May 25th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Last night I was headache free and so far so good tonight! They've been pretty bad. I think it might have something to do with my allergies which have also been horrible due to the changing weather. There's probably some sort of allergy medication I could take but i'm against medicine right now.

Anyway, the needle test said boy 3 times. I've pretty much convinced myself it's a girl and I hope i'm not too disappointed if it's not! I'll love a boy just as much.

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! Make sure you come on to update as soon as you get home. Oh, and even if your doc says it's too early to hear the heartbeat, insist that they at least try!
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....