I have been on birth control for the past 3-4 months, and in the past month, my boyfriend and I have been having sex without a condom or any other form of protection other then birth control. We have had sex on numerous occasions, and about 95% of the time he finishes off inside of me. I'm very good at trying to keep my pilltaking regular. I usually take my birth control between 5-5:30pm.

Just a little paranoid becuase I am onto my 3rd day of inactive pills and haven't gotten my period yet although I normally don't get my period until the 3rd or 4th day of my inactive pills. But what are the chances of me being or getting pregnant?

Hopefully slim. Lol.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 16th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Low. That is what birth control is for, to prevent pregnancy. It amazes me that so many people take birth control pills and don't trust them. If you take your pill at the same time every day (within 3 hours), then you are protected. The chances of pregnancy are somewhere in the 1-2% range.

If you continue to be concerned, make him wear a condom again. I advocate condoms anyway, due to the overwhelming amount of sexually transmitted diseases.

The time you take your birth control is whatever is best for you. I like to take it at night when I go to bed. My best friend takes it in the morning before she brushes her teeth. Whenever you will remember it is the best time for you.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...