Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Help!!! About Birth Control, And Missing My Periods...

:? :? Okay, 2 months ago I ran out of my orthro evra birth control patch.,.. And my pap smear wasn't scheduled until 2 months later, so I have no form of b c... Except condoms... I got my period when I took my last patch off... But its been 64 days since then...And no period... I took 2 home pregnancy tests... Both negative... Can someone please tell me why I am not getting my period...Because I am getting really scared...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 16th, 2006
K but like I mean 64 days is a long time! And I just want to get my period bc im all paranoid! And do u know why it does this?
|

replied May 16th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Birth control is a way to sort of trick your body into beliving that its pregnant you just dont grow a baby. Your hormones are out of wack pretty much like they would be if you were pregnant so its most likely your hormones that have ur period all screwed up !!
|

replied May 16th, 2006
Yeah, but I still dont get it lol... Like im not on it right now,, so why am I not gettingit... I should have gotten 2 periods by now...How long does it take to get back on track?
|

replied May 16th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
If your pap was scheduled 2 months from when you ran out of birth control, and it has been about 2 months since you've had your period, i'm thinking this is a good question to ask your health care provider.

That said, it is the hormones that have whacked out your system. You don't have to understand it, that is just the way it is. It depends on how fast your body cleanses itself of the birth control hormones. If you have taken two pregnancy tests, and both have been negative, you are more than likely not pregnant.

Next time there is a lapse between your patch and your appointment, call the doctor's office and explain to them that you need a refill on your birth control. They do that over the phone.
|

replied May 16th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
theabsolutehealth question wrote:
yeah, but I still dont get it lol... Like im not on it right now,, so why am I not gettingit... I should have gotten 2 periods by now...How long does it take to get back on track?

birth control can stay in your system for longer then your taking it. Just because you havent been using it dosent mean that your body has completley forgotten about it.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...