Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Is This Right...??? (Page 1)

User Profile
Hello guys....

Well iv posted loads and I was talking to my friend hayley and I was telling her about my periods and date..Ect.. She asked me when my last period was I told her 16th april and lasted 3 days... Then she told me to count 21 days from my last period that took me to the 9th may... Ans I was like ehhh??? But I new this before but I never clicked on about it.. Untill tonight

im 6 days late on my periods and iv been getting belly pains and mood swings and feeling very sick the past 2 days I sleep way to much ...

So if I am pregs that will be amazing because I just found out today that my mum is pregs.....

How long should I wait then ppl to take a test..???? Xx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2006
Supporter
Arnt' you sposta count 28 days? Cause an average cycle is 28 days long? I took a test a couple days before my missed period and it came out poss... But goodluck.. You can prob test anytime.. And yeah I hope u get the sign on that lil test that you want:) and say congrats to ur mom for me
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I've never counted like that in my life. That's actually pretty interesting...How does everyone else count? I don't have a 28 day cycle so I don't count 28 days. I do count 21 cuz that's what i'm on but I start from the day after I start (2nd day of my period).
|

replied May 15th, 2006
Experienced User
So when are you testing? And if your 6 days late you can test whenever you want. Are you ttc?
|

replied May 15th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I think you should just test and see whats up
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Well ppl, is that how everyone else counts?
|

replied May 15th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I have 34 day cycles. You count from the first day of your last period to the first day of your next period. Not everyone has the same cycle every month. I 'generally' go 34 days, but can go as early as 30 days.
|

replied May 15th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I was having 28 day cycles and I would count 28 days from the first day of my period. I've never heard this counting 21 days from the last day. It doesn't work out right anyway.
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Whoa, that's odd. I guess we're taught wrong here. So instead of a 21 day cycle I have a 22 day cycle. Learn something new every day...
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Mine is freakin' 34 days!

Brianni, did you test yet?
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
Experienced User
No havent tested yet.... Im going to soon tho..

Xx
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Let us know the result!
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
Experienced User
x0 prettynpink wrote:
so when are you testing? And if your 6 days late you can test whenever you want. Are you ttc?

im not takeing anythink... Whats ttc?
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Ttc means trying to conceive :]
|

replied May 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Trying to conceive!!
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Yes im trying to trying to conceive.. Lol x
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Well im gonna deff test but it wont be untill next wed because I dnt hav any money untill I get paid..

I just hope I dont turn on my periods then I will deff know for sure..

Xx
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I'm waiting to test, too.
It's awful, isn't it?
:p
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Ahhh I know I keep thinking im gonna turn on my periods any min now... Lol hav missed your period? How meny days you late?
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Ok that is me and my mam.....Lol I wanterd the pic on the screen so ya didnt hav to click on the link
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...