Well today I feel like crap, I woke up really early to start, probaly only got 5 hrs sleep. Had breakfast and I was feeling ok then went into university to do some assignments with friends then after about an hour I crashed pretty bad. Felt really dizzy blurred vision, and slow reactions, these were all my symptoms I had months ago.

I was feeling bad yestersday afternoon too.

I have been following the diet pretty well, and have been on it for about 4 and a half months now so I thought it would be ok to have a few beers. I only had 3 beers on saturday night. So I guess im feeling bad becasue of this? And why does it affect you a few days after? And not the next morning?

Ive got to go back into university tonight damnnit to finish my work hopefully i'll pick up a bit.

Any tips of what I can do if im having a crash at uni? Can I take some orange juice? Just a litle to keep me going? Iv'e heard mixed opinions on this. Some people say no others yes and I was just reading a book were it stated to drink a cup of orange juice for hypoglycemics in the morning to start your day off good.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 15th, 2006
Experienced User
Just spend the night at uni doing asignments, the whole time my head felt really tight, and I had this weird feeling coming and going in my head, a symptom that ive never had before. And I still have the large amount of underarm sweat but the weird smell has gone.
All these symptoms are pretty new im just worried about this new tightness of the head symptom, it can just come and go, feels differnt to the passing out symptom.
Anyone else experience this.
I need to get better I have the busiest 4 weeks coming up with about 10-12 hrs of uni a day
thanks in advance this site is awesome
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Silly man, didn't I tell you this before? See, this is what usually happens. A hypoglycemic starts to feel better, and then they think everything is fine and they overdo what they should only be trying in moderation. If you were even thinking about that, you should have had only a little beer, seriously no more than a shot glass, and then waited up to four days to see if anything happened. Yes, it can take this long for a reaction. I'm not sure why. All I can think of is this. Typically, whatever you eat and drink takes about four days total to be completely out of your system. For some reason, after the initial digestion, in hypoglycemics problem foods start a chain reaction that can take a day or so to kick in. I had this happen to me several times. I remember before I even knew that I had it that this one day a friend of mine convinced me to eat some chinese food. Four days later some symptoms had returned. You need to stay on your diet now and don't falter. Stick with it religiously for a week or so. I do not suggest juice. Some people say it works, but even so you have to cut it with equal or more water. Don't drink it straight and never on an empty stomach. The next time you want to test something, please do it as I stated, don't do this again! Is this the second or third time I told you this?
|

replied May 15th, 2006
Experienced User
Hi,

that's exactly one of my symptoms - that tightness in my head, it's so strange. I didn't have it for years then it started again.

It is so true that you really have to be careful or you can have a setback. Sometimes there isn't even a reason that you can see, and you'll have a bad spell.

Hope you feel better.

Dj
|

replied May 15th, 2006
Experienced User
Haha yeha I no stan, im an idot im only young once so I try and enjoy it and I seriously thought a few beers wouldnt hurt. But now I learn im wrong. Yeah this is probaly my 3rd time doing this, haha im a slow learner but another time I drank about 8 beers and was fine so I dont understand why 3 beers would hurt me. Im usually perfect on this diet, but it seems to take forever to get anywere, when im on the diet im always having some symptom or another its so hard to get motivated because some symptom is always around.
Right now I have been sweating so much its crazy, going through 2 shirts and there still wet, but at least the smell has gone.
Today I feel better so I guess all the crap from the beer has left my system.
Hmm looks like i'll have to be super strict for a few weeks again and see how it goes, its just impossible to find the right foods to take with me
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
Community Volunteer
It is hard, I know, and the symptom thing is annoying at first, but as you go on you'll see they slowly go away. Based on what you say I believe you may be in stage three, where it almost feels like nothing is happening and progress is so slow you hardly notice it.
|

replied May 16th, 2006
Experienced User
Ah ok, so how many stages are there to beat. I can see I am making some progress, so i'll just keep sticking with it and hopefully get better
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
Community Volunteer
Like four in all. The first totally sucks, the second invovles rapid, violent swings in mood and energy, the third is a permanent feeling that seems to never go away and you almost feel like you're not getting better, and the fourth is a continuous level of health.
|

replied May 17th, 2006
Experienced User
One other thing I would like to say, when I used to drink a few beers, like last yr before I relaised I had hypoglycemia, I felt the crash within an hour or 2. Now liked ive experiened I experience the crash a few days later.
What does this indicate
|

User Profile
replied May 18th, 2006
Community Volunteer
It indicates you're getting better.
|