And I feel so paranoid. Recently i've been walking and I feel like my legs could give in and i'd just collapse when people look at me. And I see people laughing at me, because it's so obvious how self conscious and scared I am. I don't enjoy anything anymore really apart from when I take drugs or drink alcohol. When i'm on my own I feel empty and down. When i'm with other people I feel anxious and my moods can change dramatically from one moment to the next. I'll be feeling happy and upbeat one minute, and suicidal the next. I feel so empty and everything seems so meaningless.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 22nd, 2006
See a doctor or psychologist. These feelins aren't apart of you, it is an external disease. Fight it, don't let it win. Like any illness, immediate action is required. Somebody can help you
|

replied June 11th, 2006
Just so you know, you're not alone.
I know that doesn't help much, but it's true.

I'm the same way. Major major social anxiety. Major major depression. The sad thing is, even when I do get close to someone, it's just a matter of time before they see what a freak I am and leave.

But,
i've adapted the thought that i'm even tougher than the rest of the world, because I (fear?) them and overcome it on a day-to-day basis. Alcohol and drugs help me majorly, but I know it isn't right.

Dr. Prescribed drugs may help you a little (they did for me sometimes) but the sad thing is, we're doomed. I've yet to find a 'cure' for this disease, but so far the best drug is talking to someone like-minded and being morose together.

Let's go get a drink, eh? At night, sunglasses, you and me. Let's go.
|

replied June 11th, 2006
Kd
Kd121 how old are you?
|

replied June 25th, 2006
Experienced User
:d
|

replied July 24th, 2006
It's always good to talk to people about your problems...U should.
|

replied August 2nd, 2006
I feel the same way mna. When I am alone everything seems wrong and I am paranoid. I have absolutely no friends and nowhere near getting a lover. It led to heavy drinking. Bad thing is im a big strong male and it looks stupid when I feel nervous around a weaker specimen.
|

replied August 9th, 2006
This kind of problems are due to mental picture or fear one has. You have to repattern your behaviour. Read "frog into princes" by richard bandler. Appley what you read.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....