Medical Questions > Relationships > GLBT Relationships Forum

a Very Stressful Situation.

Hi, i'm 15 years old and i'm dating a transgendered female. We are very much in love and I wish I could tell my family. But i'm bisexual and I haven't come out to my father of whom I live with. Hes extremely prejudice and has a horrible temper. He knows my partner but he thinks were just friends. Sometimes it feels like I would be more at ease if I told him but i'm afraid of what he might do. Hes never abused me before but I don't know if this would be his breaking point. What should I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 13th, 2006
Experienced User
Speaking as someone who's closer to your dads age than yours......First thing that comes to mind is how old is your girlfriend?Isn't there a legal age when you can become transgendered?If your having sex?....I think i'd be more upset about that.....15 is way too young to be messing around. And throwing in the bisexuality just makes me think your confused.
As for your dads reaction...It'll probably depend somewhat on the answers to those questions.

If he's prejudiced and quick tempered....The best suggestion I can give is ......Slow assimilation......Have the "friend" around more often....If she's coming over say once/wk make it 2x/wk or more.....It'll give your dad time to adjust and grow to like this person for who they really are. Telling him everything at once will not give you the reaction you want. :)
|

replied May 13th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
spirit wrote:
speaking as someone who's closer to your dads age than yours......First thing that comes to mind is how old is your girlfriend?Isn't there a legal age when you can become transgendered?If your having sex?....I think i'd be more upset about that.....15 is way too young to be messing around. And throwing in the bisexuality just makes me think your confused.

to answer the question about being too young to be trans-gendered is kind of impossible to control. It is a birth defect. (not in as much as we feel it is a defect that anyone can see but still a defect none the less.

As far as you advice about this childs sexuality, excellent advice for sure. At 15 years old, you really need to take your time when deciding what your sexuality is going to be. There is too much time available to be hurrying this topic.

Good luck,
brian
|

replied May 13th, 2006
Experienced User
"to answer the question about being too young to be trans-gendered is kind of impossible to control. It is a birth defect. (not in as much as we feel it is a defect that anyone can see but still a defect none the less"

thanks brian, I assumed transgendered had something to do with chemical or surgical changes....Never occurred to me it was something you could be born with :oops: ......Learn something everyday. :)
|
Tags: female
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....