Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

Need Some Answere's For My 9 Yo Son Getting Diff. Dxs Help

Okay guys this is whats going on: around april8th or 9th my 9yo son logan just started passing out I mean just hitting the ground,then a week or so later he started jerking his legs only then he would wet and poo ] his self.Took him to the er 1st time the doc said it was ''normal'' don't worry about it.
Kept happening took him back to er they set up a sleep deprived eeg came back very abnormal but no seizure activity was seen on eeg.Well I didn't like the 1st neuro b/c he wasn't at all flexible but he did say that logan had epilepsy. Went to 2nd neuro who saw eeg and said he had epilepsy still he knew there was no actual seizure activity picked up on sleep deprived eeg.
Anyway logan was started on topamax 25mg at bedtime then 4 days later the neuro upped it to 50mg morn and night he took that for a week then this past sunday he started having his tongue hang to one side during these episodes and they got more violent and he started spitting w/ them and the scariest of all he was terrified of his brothers, dogs toys etc
so from monday till late yesterday they had him hooked up to the veeg and we'd hit that little button everytime he'd have one.Well now this neuro is saying he doesn't have epilepsy,they're saying it's more in his ''head'' type thing.They also said that his eeg was more back to normal than what it was a few weeks ago maybe b/c of the topamax
I simply don't know what to believe does anyone have any input at all?
Can you have epilepsy and not show seizure activity on the eeg?
I don't know who or what to believe.He's not on any meds at all right now
thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with behavioural disorder. I would suggest low dose risperidone for him.
EEG may be normal in patients having seizures.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Epilepsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.