About 3/4 weeks ago I discovered a small lump in the armpit (wasn't even looking for it, I just had an itch!) I ignored it for a few weeks just to see if it was perhaps a spot as it looked like one was coming up (which it did..But went again, without taking the lump!)

it isn't quite as easy to find as it was, however it doesn't feel any smaller or bigger for that matter. But it's starting to get a bit sore when it is touched now.. A bit of a dull ache..I can also push it about..Which I heard is a good sign..!?...

I did manage to get an appointment (after phoneing for 2 days straight!, answering phones is not my docters strong point) and have an appointment in two days..

But I was just hoping for some advice..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 17th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Carrion how did you get on hun you have the exact same symptoms as me I found 3 lumps one in the armpit and 2 in the breast I have my appointment on monday
|

replied November 17th, 2007
Re: Lump In the Armpit
carrion wrote:
About 3/4 weeks ago I discovered a small lump in the armpit (wasn't even looking for it, I just had an itch!) I ignored it for a few weeks just to see if it was perhaps a spot as it looked like one was coming up (which it did..But went again, without taking the lump!)

it isn't quite as easy to find as it was, however it doesn't feel any smaller or bigger for that matter. But it's starting to get a bit sore when it is touched now.. A bit of a dull ache..I can also push it about..Which I heard is a good sign..!?...

I did manage to get an appointment (after phoneing for 2 days straight!, answering phones is not my docters strong point) and have an appointment in two days..

But I was just hoping for some advice..
|

replied November 27th, 2007
Experienced User
Probably just a lymph node, always good to get checked out though. Sore is a good sign indicating an infection rather than a carcinoma.
Good luck
|
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....