Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Serious Problem Letting Go

Hello everyone I know I should have posted this in the relationship forums but I feel like I can get advice from you all. I just recently broke up with my boyfriend. He was a big jerk too me when I miscarried he wasnt even their for me(he told me he had to go to work the next morning and had took a sleeping pill). He didnt even call me the day I had my d&c, but the kept telling me he cared about me. I kept trying to make it work, but I got tired of being treated like a second wheel in his life. He wasnt like this in the beginning. I finally ended it last week but he called me two days later and I went and slept with him. I know this was really stupid, but I had feelings for him. Embarassed I feel like it was his way of proving to me that he will decide when it ends. I havent called him since I know in my mind that it will never work and dont have any desires to be with him , but my heart still cares so much about him Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I really dunno what 2 say about this but if he wasnt there 4 u in ur times of trouble,when he really should have been,then he's not very supportive.The miscarriage was a really big thing 4 u 2 go through & u should have gone through it 2gether as a couple-if he couldnt call u when u had 2 go through a d&c then he obviously didnt care much.
I dont know how long u were with him but it sounds like u cared about him a lot once & clearly,it'll take some time getting used 2 him not being around.The most important thing is that u decide whats best 4 u in the long term.U say that u dont have desires to be with him so the only reason ur a bit down is because u were probably used to seeing him&all of a sudden,ur not.2 be honest,he doesnt sound 2 nice-a boyfriend should be there 4 u in the good and even more so in the bad & if he wasnt there,it shud show u 4 what he really was.
Im sure in time,u will realise that u need someone more supportive 2 help u when u r in times of need but u need 2 make the choice that will make u the happiest,
hope I helped in some way, best wishes,
liz :d
|

replied January 9th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
This is toughy, it is hard to loose the person that you love so much, but what may you be good for you now may not always be the best for you in the long run. I am hoping that you are strong enough, or can become strong enough to make it all through!! I have felt like giving up before, like laryr didnt care about me, and I have mentioned it to the girls here, but luckily we have mad it through. I think that you need to get out with the girls or someone, and you need to try to take your find off of him for awhile. It seems like with everything happening all at once that you feel like it is worse than it is. He is a bad man because he was not there for you, dont reward him by sleeping with him. That is just showing him your weakness, and that is saying, "yeah ill be your booty call"... Dont do it you are a precious jewel, treat yourself like one. I hope that you understand where I am coming from, and I hope to hear from you again soon, maybe not about something like this though, lets hear something to smile about!!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...