Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Could I Still Be??help Pleaaase!!!

User Profile
Hello all! Sorry if this mite seem a bit depressive but this is playing on my mind hardcore! I had a termination against my will 9 weeks ago.Which I totally regret. But since then ive still had all my symptoms, one real light period. This one hasnt come. If I am I should be 4 months and in the last 2 weeks ive put on lots of weight just on my tummy, even thought ive eaten pure health food. And the neusea has come back. Plus urinating alot... And 'feel' pregnant, cant sleep on my tummy and stand like im pure pregnant...U kno arched back. Does n e1 reckon I mite still be pregnant???Or is my mind and body playing ticks on me??Or am I just getting fat quickly?!?Lol. Any help is some help as im totally clueless right now?! Cheers babes!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Ok,i don't think you can get a termination unless you concent to it dear. If you got in 9 weeks ago and have had sex since then,yes you could be pregnant,but if your talking about being pregnant from when you had the teermination,i don't think so.Unless the doctor was a big idiot and doesn't know what he's doing,your not pregnant.It's normal not to get a period after having a termination,but all the rest might just be your mind playing tricks on you.Have you taken a pregnancy test?
|

replied May 9th, 2006
Experienced User
I'm really sorry - I guess she could mean someone blackmailed her into getting it done... That happens more often than you would think. I don't know.

Sometimes doctors screw up or if it was a multiple pregnancy it's not unheard of for one to survive... Rare but not unheard of. Get a test to put your mind at rest, I think the most probably thing here is that it is your mind playing tricks on you because you didn't want the termination. Sometimes if this happens your body can play along too. I'm really sorry for what ever happened, pm me if you need to.
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Yeah my boyfriends mum blackmailed me into having it done, well thanks for ur replies cuz I dont know whats going on with my body. It mite b playing tricks on me,you know mind over matter... I had the early medicated abortion, when you have to insert the tampon thing inside yourself, ive always been totally rubbish at tampons n I dnt ever use em. So I mite of dun that wrong? Well I dunno, maybe im just gettin fat. My mums gettin me a pregnancy test today...So i'll keep it posted. Cheers.
|

replied May 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
It is possible to have an incomplete termination. Did you go to your follow up exam? I suggest that you go to your doctor and explain what's been going on. I'm sorry you regret it, i'm going to send you a private message

(and btw, coercion is quite common amongst those who abort, despite giving consent it's not that straight forward and I know of a few women who have been thorugh this kind of thing)
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2006
Hey... No didnt go to my follow up as I moved country staright afterwards, sounds real messed up I know. Went to my g.P and all he said was...That isnt my field. And to just wait I should b ok. I was like k...The fool
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Hi did you test yet?
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
Hi beckster soz I only just wrote back, I went to the hospital on the 11th was there all day in a&e unfortunately....They didnt kno what was wrong with me and wanted to do an internal exam and keep me in overnight on the gynecology ward, but ive always hated hospitals and the whole stayin in overnight thing....And gettin an internal exam just scared me, they wanted to check theres nothing left cuz im not pregnant. But I left the hospital instead and now im going to pay to hav an ultrasound...Well thats about it. Soo.. Yeah.
Cherry88
|

replied May 16th, 2006
Experienced User
All the best cherry :) hope it works out
|

replied May 16th, 2006
Experienced User
I hope I don't get scolded for posting on here, as this is a week old post!! (don't hurt me sandralynn! </sarcasm>)

anyway, yes you can still have symptoms and not be pregnant. You should probably see a doctor about it though, as you might need a d&c (it'd be like having a surgical abortion without actually killing a baby).

My sis went through the same thing back in november (through early this year). She regreted her decision after she'd gone through with it. So she was sort of hoping they'd messed up and she was still pregnant. They had scheduled a d&c for the following week (her 'endometrial lining' was still thick, which means it was still showing she was pregnant, but without the baby) but her body sorted itself out and the d&c was cancelled (it was no longer needed).
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
Nah dnt worrycuz it is like a week old, I still appreciate the help cuz although the post miht b old my problem isnt, so thanks alot :d
thanks nadie :)
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Shes a fake whore!
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
I dont understand y is she fake???
|

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Go read the connor thread :wink:
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...