Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

No Matter What We Try We Cant Get Pregnant....

Hey, me and my wife have been trying to get her pregnant for over 6 months, we have tried everything we can think of, we've tried diets, positions, planing when to try acording to her cycle, we have even tried special situations to get in the mood easier... Well after 6 months we are basicly lossing hope, and are wondering if anyone has any ideas what else we can try.....
Well I hope to hear back soon, thanks,
merven
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 8th, 2006
Experienced User
Most doctors won't see you until you have been trying for at least a year. If you can find one that will see you sooner, there are some basic tests they can run to make sure everything is normal. Does your wife have a regular cycle? If she doesn't, she may not be ovulating when she thinks that she is.
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Abbysmom is right. And it takes 2 years before you can actually be diagnosed as having fertility problems. My aunt and uncle tried for 13 years unsucessfully, with every fertility treatment in the book. The same year they gave up, they conceived their son naturally. Dont worry, keep trying, and don't be surprised if it takes you a year or even more to become pregnant.
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2006
Experienced User
I agree totally.....

But if your wanting this baby soo much, it will never happen.. Try not to think about if you can. I know its easyer said than done because iv been trying for 7month and nothing..... But im not stressing about it because I know it will happen...In time..

Anways I wish you and your partner all the best xx
|

replied May 15th, 2006
Experienced User
How old are you and your wife? If you are older (over 35 or 40, i'm not sure), you will be able to see a doctor earlier.
|

replied May 15th, 2006
Thank you all for you replys
ive just recenty turned 27 ans shes 24 turing 25 in a month
|

User Profile
replied May 15th, 2006
Experienced User
Well you can get a sperm count done first of all...The doc's will do that. But otherwise they are right you have to be trying for a least a year before the fertility doc's will see you as a couple.
|

replied May 27th, 2006
Yup... Its true that doctors don't see infertility problem when you r trying less than a year... Dont give up hope and keep urself optimistic...
Is your wife's cycle regular and on time??? If they are not she must not be ovaluting on time...??? Sometimes it so happens that cycles are regular but a women doesnt ovalute properly so doctor ive medicine to try and get conceived... This happened to my sister-in-law and now she is due in september 2006...
Just relax and have fun... Hopefully you ppl catch bfp soon
take care
|

replied May 27th, 2006
Experienced User
It could be something little like your wife could have a blockage in one of her fallopian tubes or a tilted uterus like me (the sperm having to do a little jump to get there)or it could be your sperm count or it could just be timing,there might not be anything "wrong" with iether of you and like they say the baby will come when he/she is ready.If you can afford it then I recommend going private and be seen quicker,the sooner you know the sooner it could happen for you both,good luck and try not to stress too much (i know that it is very difficult) as stress does not help one little bit,just have fun and it will happen,good luck,jadexxxx
|

replied May 29th, 2006
Experienced User
My husband and I are having the exact same problems and are on going on month 6 and have tryed everything possiable (so we think) also and every one I know is pregnant! It is so frustrating but one bit of advice that we get is to enjoy the sex and not make it like a chore b/c you are trying but that all I have. Sorry and good luck!
|
Tags: pregnant, diets, hear
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....