Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Dizziness While Waiting In Lines & With Any Stress

Hi folks, I have had these symptoms on and off for as long as I can remember. Most of the time I am perfect and fine and then out of noware comes a hard time. Just came back from orlando with the family and the longs lines just gave me many dizzy spells. I know that aniety & depression may be behind this but I am wondering what is the best approach at this time. I just took a xanax and plan on resting the brain before work tommorow. Anything work for you folks out there? Thanx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 8th, 2006
Experienced User
One of the worst things that an anxiety suffer has to handle is waiting! And the more that you concerntrate on the waiting the worse it gets!
|

replied January 30th, 2010
That's what happened to me in the grocery store and I realized later after I left the long line at the grocery store that it was anxiety. Two of my sister's suffer from it too. That was many years ago and I have tried paxil, effexor and now on 25 mg of zoloft. They come in 50 mg and I take a half at night and if I have any anxiety flair ups I take a half of xanax or clonopin. I went to therapy and they told me to face my fears head on and it does seem to help. Good luck!
|

replied January 30th, 2010
Why must everyone turn to drugs to cure their ills? Dehydration is a common cause of dizziness, and standing in lines in the heat in Orlando, Florida, would certainly dehydrate anyone. Make sure you are getting at least 64 ounces of non-caffienated liquids daily.

Dizziness is also a side effect of certain medications. Maybe you should get off of your medication, and on water!! Good luck.
|

replied January 31st, 2010
Some people need medication. My very first anxiety attach happened in January 1991. It wasn't hot in fact it was 32 degrees. I drink plenty of water as much as 6-8 glasses a day. If you have never experienced anxiety you have no reason to reply to this post. With my meds I can lead a normal and fulfilling life. Better than fighting anxiety and panic disorder the rest of my life and yes, this may not be the case with BEK but I always try to make people understand that you can control your anxiety and you don't have to let it hinder your life.
|

replied January 31st, 2010
I think everyone has experienced anxiety in their lives. I just think there are many alternatives to all sorts of ailments that people can try BEFORE resorting to unnatural medications. Sounds like you need yours. Not trying to upset you.

My teenager was cured of poor blood circulation (tingling, numbness, leg cramps) and dizziness by drinking more liquids. He was severely dehydrated, and we had no clue. It may not work for you, but may work for some. That is why I posted.

Good luck...hope you find your answer.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...