Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Stress Makes My Life a Mess

I have been stressed for a while. Im constantly yelled at and I cant sleep,i get really scared and the room spins and I get dizzy.Also my heart starts beating really fast. I have trouble swallowing and it feels like there is a constant spit ball stuck in my throat. Is this signs of stress?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 13th, 2004
Experienced User
Sounds like anxiety building to panic, but it is always a good idea to get checked out by a physician to rule out a physical cause. If it ends up being anxiety like mine you may want to look into cognitive behavioral therapy (cbt) as it taught me the tools I needed to get over the problem. My favorite introductory book on cbt is "been there, done that? Do this! By sam obitz and many universities offer cbt programs that are of little or no cost to the patients. Good luck :d
|

replied January 18th, 2004
Life Situation?
Hi there,

you said you are constantly yelled at. I'm not sure who is yelling at you but this in itself can trigger anxiety. Be careful, if anxiety or other mood problems are sufficiently triggered by an outside situation they may not automatically disappear once the unpleasant situation is over. If you are in an abusive situation please find help.

Htes
|

replied January 18th, 2004
Hi there

sounds like anxiety like I have. I would go to the doctor to rule out any health problems that may be causeing your anxiety. You might want to try deep relaxation. If you drink caffine you may want to cut back because it can trigger anxiety. There is a paper back book by Dr. Claire
weekes (hope and help for your nerves) this is a great book about anxiety and it will help you understand it and help you to learn to deal with it. I do not know why you are being yelled at but that sure does not help in your case. Hope you get better and hope you get the book to read.
|

replied February 6th, 2004
Experienced User
Checking Back
Hope you are doing better vickster!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Arvind Malhotra
User Profile
Arvind Malhotra
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...