Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Hpt Kit - Should I Believe the Result?????

Hi - just after some advice please :lol:

i am presently on fertility treatment and I was told to test this morning after my last course of treatment (2 weeks ago) - unfortunately I only had one test in the house and have had to goto work.. Anyway I ran the usual "10 sec" stream with the first pee of the day and the test showed nothing after about 10 mins or so - nothing even in the control window - the instructions said that this would indicate a broken test and to redo another new one with a seperate hpt kit - well I felt like a little pee about 10 mins before I left for work and I reused the test - the difference in time between pees was about 45 mins - this time the control showed a negative result - am I to believe this or redo a new test to make sure of the result... I know i've probably been stupid re-using the test but after 6 years of fertility treatments , I just wait in the hope that I will get a possie result somehow and I was desperate to know!!!

Thanks in advance for your help.... :lol:
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I wouldnt believe it if you used the same test go out and buy a better test clear blue make sure you you test after missing you period or your results are going to off and its going to cost you more money buying test.

I know they are expensive but go buy the clear blue one have abit of patience few days and test again I know its hard cause it supposed to be an excited time!!

Good luck and baby dust your way +++++++++++
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....