Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms Forum

Confused And Worried..could I Be Pregnant?

I was hoping someone on this forum could help me out. I'll start from the beginning.. I am currently on birth control, however, my periods are all off because of it. I get my periods but sometimes it will only last a few hours or like 2 days. My first mistake, I am stupid and forget to take my pills sometimes. With all the stress of being in college, papers due, exams, etc. I just completely forget for a period of time. I have a wonderful boyfriend but he has been wanting to have sex a lot lately. Of course, I always consent..2nd mistake. Half the time it is unprotected sex...*sigh* 3rd mistake. Now I am here..Wondering if I am pregnant or if I am just really worried because I know I shouldn't be having unprotected sex, especially if I have a habit of forgeting to take the pill. I have read through the "early pregnancy symptoms" and it definately caught my attention because I am experiencing some what I believe to be symptoms. Some symptoms i've had have been headaches, acne, bloating, back pain, I feel sick to my stomache when I eat, tired all the time even though i've been sleeping in a lot, over all I just dont feel like myself lately. I really dont have anyone to talk to about this. I am hoping someone on here could help me figure out what I should do. I really do appreciate it if you take the time out to help me. Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 3rd, 2006
Experienced User
Hi irysh:
if you have missed pills, there is always a possibility that you could be pregant. The pill is amazingly effective as long as you remember to take it. I am in the same boat as you are right now, as I missed some pills and haven't been feeling quite right. So I am just waiting to see if I miss my period or not next week. Chances are that you probably aren't getting real 'periods' when you have some bleeding like you mentioned for a couple of hours, etc. For awhile when you first get on the pill it is common to experience 'breakthrough' bleeding which is nothing more than light bleeding every now and then. Your body is just having to get used to the pill and hormones. You should get your period on the week of inactive pills. How long have you been on the pill? Anyways, if you do miss your period, just take a pregnancy test to find out. Until then, try really hard not to stress out, as stress itself can cause the symptoms that you described above sometimes. If you do miss pills, try to use a condom,etc. When you have sex for a couple days and that should give you a back up. I hope this helps! Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions. You can send me a private message if you want! Have a good one. :)
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...