Doctor: what are my chances to develop toxoplasmosis if I get pregnant, I already have antibodies, and I have cats :?: , thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 4th, 2006
Experienced User
Just make sure you aren't the one changing the litter box and you should be fine. Or if you have to do it, were a mask and gloves. I think your chances are pretty slim since you have already been exposed. Are they strictly inside cats? I didn't have any problems with ours.
|

replied May 18th, 2012
Toxoplasmosis
I'm 38 wks pregnant now & was tested earlier on for Toxoplasmosis. It came back negative but I was wondering if my cat does have it can u still catch it? I never had her tested before & just wanted to know if I could still get it. I'm seeing my obgyn app next wk so should I get re-tested anyway? Thanks
|
Tags: pregnant
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....