Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
A daughter of a good friend of ours was diagnosed with aml two weeks ago. She is 9 years old. She was diagnosed with pneumonia and they found that her white count was 300,000. She has underwent 10 days of chemotherapy and they are going to let her body have a break for three weeks. Her body is not fighting off the pneumonia. They have drained fluid off one lung and expect to do the same to the other if her body does not respond in about a week. I do not know anything about leukemia. We have a trip planned in two weeks. I am wondering if we should make that a little sooner. Does anyone have any advise?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern.
No, it should not be done sooner.Proper schedule for chemotherapeutic sessions should be followed as chemotherapeutic drugs are very cytotoxic and have a lot of adverse effects.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

replied August 7th, 2018
Experienced User
you’re suffering from the chronic symptoms of any disorder. In fact, many of the commonly diagnosed chronic diseases may not be diseases at all, but rather, just symptoms of an imbalance or deficiency.

Things like chronic headaches, chronic bronchitis, chronic asthma, chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic depression and chronic anxiety may be nothing more than the result of an undiagnosed imbalance or deficiency. Chronic disease may mean nothing more than long-term suffering for no known reason.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Leukemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.