Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

What Are So Sytoms of Cysts?

I have pcos and i'm having pains in my right side and they hurt!! I just wanted to what could be some sytoms of cyst and could the pain be from pcos?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Re: What Are So Sytoms of Cysts?
cogoli wrote:
i have pcos and i'm having pains in my right side and they hurt!! I just wanted to what could be some sytoms of cyst and could the pain be from pcos?

cyst pains are sharpe down bye your lower are like the side spots not fun I had small ones but not sure if I still have them.. Have you had an ultrasound done to see if you had any cyst..Hope the pain goes away for you..
|

replied May 8th, 2006
Experienced User
Cyst Pains
Everyone is different. The way I have always been able to tell if I have cysts in a given month are side pains. They are very sharp short pains once in a while when I move or walk about one to two inches below my belly button on the side. I always have mine on the right side, even when the cysts are sometimes on the left. Weird, but pain can radiate to the other side, or so I am told by my gyno. Sometime, when the cysts are really big, like the size of a grape fruit, I can feel a painful kind of tugging deep inside on the side when I lay on my left side. They say it is because when they are large they tug on your ovaries. But, everyone is different and their concept of pain is different.
|

replied May 20th, 2006
I had the symptoms u had is it vital u get them removed or if they rupture will it hurt ur body or what????
|

replied May 20th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I used to get them when I was younger. I never had them removed and I never even knew I had them until they would rupture. When they ruptured it was the most painful thing i've ever gone through. I've heard from women who have had them rupture that have children, that it is more painful that childbirth. I would just curl up in a ball and cry and take vicodin. Not fun! But I guess it's easier than having them removed and it didn't last very long. There might be scar tissue left behind but I don't think it's bad for your body.
|

replied May 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
It Depends
Whether or not you have to have them removed really depends on what type of cyst they are. There are quite a few different types. Some a filled with fluid, and some have solid components to them. I have only had the fluid ones and have not had to have them removed. When they burst, I usually get nausious and sometimes throw up. It isn't terrible but not great either. If you are having side pains and they are in the middle of your cycle you should probably have your gyno take a peek via ultrasound. I am having troubles with them this month and had an ultrasound on friday. Let me know how you are doing.
|

replied May 22nd, 2006
Experienced User
Well this past week I had a cyst that ruptured I didn't even know I had one.

I have had pains in my stomach for two years now my rib cage, ovaries, pelvic area and lower back. I had many kidney infections and bladder infections. Cramping in the ovaries, it also felt like alot of movement like muscles moving.

I have been to the er three times this week they sent me home with a catherder <not sure on spelling> because the ruptured caused me to not be able to pee. Stomach started swelling this was the second trip to the er.

Cyst's are very painful :cry: mine wasn't even found the only way they realized I had a ruptured cyst was from the ultra sound and my bladder was so full. They tested the fluid and it led the doctor to believe it was a ovarian cyst.

:cry: I go back today to hopefully get the catherder removed :!:
|
Tags: pregnant, pcos
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....