Question right before christmas I went to the doctor as my heart was racing and I felt a tightness in my chest. I could stand to lose a few lbs, don't smoke and work out regularly. He thought it might be exhaustion and stress and put me on a bp med for 2 weeks. Last week I went to the er having a hard time breathing, racing heart, shakes, and nausea. They said I had vertigo and gave me some meds that put me to sleep for a long time. Anyway - I was doing better and in my follow up doc said I should not take the bp meds as my signals were probably straightened out but if something happened we'd do a treadmill. All was good until yesterday when I got the shakes that passed after 35 min. I have been fine but nervous. I had a d&c in april but they found nothing. I have had heavy bleeding for the past 3 years so I stopped taking the pill on dr advice to "start over". Any chance any of you have had similar problems and give me a clue? Drs are so expensive and I can't seem to get anything fixed and this "sit and wait" is interrupting my life.
Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 22nd, 2004
Vertigo
It does not sound like you have vertigo. I would get another doc. I have vertigo and its nothing like you explained. I get light headed, dizzy, the felling of falling, sick feeling and so on. It will last up to 6 hours a day or more.
|

replied February 23rd, 2004
Vertigo
Hi,

i totally agree with gator54. I don't think you have vertigo. Vertigo will affect your balance, you have tremendous headaches, you want to pass out and black out, you're nauseated and so on. It's a virus in the inner ear (from what I was told) and you basically have to let it run its course. As it is viral, antibiotics won't help. You need a lot of pain medication.

Get a second opinion.

Good luck,

renee
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...