Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Cervical Cancer

I thank my lucky stars everyday that I am a healthy young woman. But I need some advice, I am going to be 25 in a few months time and since the age of 19 I have had a smear nearly every 6 months. I have had 6 smears in total and 2 colposcopy's.My first smear at 19 was due to bleeding during and after sex.Also I have suffered from problems in that area for a very long time!! My first smear was borderline then I had a normal one then another boarderline and then a normal.Then I had a borderline, at this point I had a colposcopy and it came back normal. I then had another smear and that came back borderline. So I had another colposcopy and they informed me that I had cin 1 and pre cancerous cells were found. I have been called back in for yet another colposcopy.Now I know that everything is ok and I have even found a natural herbal remedy that I use, but I am due to see the doctor when I have my next colposcopy should I be asking them to do something more positive. I am feeling a little frustrated! Any advice out there?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2018
Welcome to e health forum.

The major cause for Cervical Dysplasia, is chronic infection with the Human Papilloma Virus, expecially the high risk types 16 or 18.

The source of infection in a couple (monogamous or married) can be determined only after testing both of them. Having sexually active before marriage, and having multiple partners over the years can increase the risk of HPV infection. In many women who were sexually active before marriage may have got the infection before marriage can present with Cervical dysplasia, later on.

Treatment for higher grade CIN involves removal or destruction of the neoplastic cervical cells by cryocautery, electrocautery, laser cautery, loop electrical excision procedure (LEEP), or cervical conization. The treatment is highly effective but there is a 20% chance of recurrence.

It would be recommended that you consult your doctor or your OB-GYN who can see your results and provide additional accurate information and medical advice.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Cervical cancer typically develops over many years. But when does cervical cancer occur and how do doctors define the disease? ...
How are HPV and cervical cancer related? And how can you place yourself out of risk for developing cervical cancer? More here....
Abnormal menstruation can be a sign of cervical cancer. Learn the signs and symptoms of serious "female problems" and when to seek medical help here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.