Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Hi Iheart, How Was Ur Appt. Today? (Page 1)

Ahh lol I just remembered ur appt. Is today so how did it go? I hope everything went well let me know how it went :)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 1st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Thanks for thinking of me! It went great! It was wicked quick. Well actually I sat in the room reading trashy celebrity gossip magazines for a half hour before the doctor came in and then all she did was listen for the heartbeat. At first she couldn't find it and I was getting nervous and asked what was taking so long and she said "do you hear that?" and there was this muffled shooshing sound and then she said "that's the baby moving". Then when he stopped she found it and it was beautiful. 155 beats per minute! I get a little emotional when I hear it. The first time I did cry a little, this time I just got a little choked up. It's so awesome, you'll see! My next appointment is may 31st and that's also the day I go for my ultrasound. I can't believe it's so close, I can't wait! I really feel like it's a girl so of course it'll probably be a boy. Oh, and we're going to buy our crib and changing table/dresser this weekend! I'll send you pics if you want to see what we've picked out. I finally feel like I can relax and start to enjoy myself.

How are you doing? Feeling okay?
|

replied May 1st, 2006
Experienced User
Glade every thing went well when are you due I get to find out the baby sex on the 15th of may..
|

replied May 1st, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi
Im glad ur appt went well it must of be amazing to hear the heartbeat I cant wait till I get to hear my baby's one too! Im really nervous as im getting ready to go to my appt. Soon, lol I took another test this morning just to make sure I see the line. Oh yeah did ur hunny go with u to the appointment? Im kind of sad I have to go alone but im sure my hunny will go with me to the next one. Yeah im really curious person so of course I would love to see ur pics of the crib and furniture! Well I got to go get ready, I will let u know how my appt. Went soon, aww lol im so nervous but happy at the same time.
|

replied May 1st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Hey map- i'm due on october 31st (halloween!). When are you due?

Snowy- don't be nervous! Everything will be fine. My fiance doesn't come to appointments with me and i'm fine with that. I don't think i'd want him there when my feet are in the stirrups and the doctor is poking around in my vagina. No thank you! He does feel bad that he doesn't get to hear the heartbeat but it's not like he can miss work anyway. He's definitely going to be coming to the ultrasound though.

The baby's room is a pretty light sage color and if it's a girl we're going to accent with light purple and white, if it's a boy just white and sage. We were going to get the furniture through target but it would've been $870 with shipping. It's only going to be $650 through walmart! I can't wait to move so we can start setting things up. But that's not until september... Sigh.

Can't wait to hear how your appointment goes! Good luck!
|

replied May 1st, 2006
Hi I Came Back From My Appt
Iheart, yay im so excited, so finally my bl. And ur. Test confirmed im so I am very happy :) lol, I really had to pee in a cup like u said for the ur. Test too. Yeah so im going to be due at end of dec. On the 30th. Im excited maybe I might have a xmas baby to spend the holidays with me.

Oh the furniture is beautiful, I like them a lot. Its cool u got it for better deal at walmart, we have walmart here too so maybe I can save some money buying my baby's stuffs over there too. Thats good ur fiance will be going with u to the u/s appt. , oh yeah does he want a baby girl too just curious? I know my hunny really hopes for a baby girl but I guess if it turns out to be baby boy he would still be happy.

Im getting a lot of back pain today do u know if thats normal or not?

Snowygirl
|

replied May 2nd, 2006
Experienced User
Im due sep 30th or the 20th I will find out on the 15th how far along I really am since my cycles are 22 days and they go bye 28 days and I will find out the sex of baby too..So right know im 18w4dw#4
|

replied May 2nd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Yay! Glad your appointment went well. Oh, and get used to peeing in a cup. You'll do that at every appointment. At the place I go to they like to be discreet and don't want us to have to walk through the waiting room with our urine sample so they give us little pink purses to put our sample in. It's funny.

I think my fiance wants a boy, not that he'd be disappointed with a girl. And I won't be disappointed with a boy. I just want a baby!

I think the back pain is normal. Is it similar to what your af pains feel like? If you had back pain with that, that is. I had the af like feelings and back pain for probably a month or so. Remember, if you have any real concerns you can call your doctor's office and talk to a nurse. So how many weeks are you and when is your next appointment?
|

replied May 2nd, 2006
Back Pain
I think the back pain should be normal. I also had the back pain in the early pregnancy. I asked my doctor about that and she said that every woman has different uterus position. Mine was little on the back side thats why I was feeling the pressure. But it gets better as the baby grows and uterus comes forward.
|

replied May 2nd, 2006
Hi Iheart
Hehe thats funny they give u a pink purse to put the sample. In my place u put the sample in this cabinet attached to the wall lol its weird and then someone from the other side of the room will test ur sample. I am five weeks now and will see the doc. In a month. Omg are u going to find out the gender in the next appointment? Wow if thats so, thats really exciting! I think for me I just cant wait to hear the heartbeat first. Yeah today my back pain is pretty much gone so I guess im not really worried anymore.

Snowygirl
|

replied May 2nd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Yes, I get to find out the sex on may 31st! I can't wait! Before it seemed like it would be so far away and now it seems so close. I'm so excited. Well, we just put the order in for our crib and dresser. It's going to kill me to have to keep them in the boxes in the garage until september but oh well.

So maybe at your next appointment you'll get to hear the heartbeat! Don't be disappointed if they don't find it, it could be too early. I think I lucked out and got to hear it at 9 weeks 1 day but some people don't hear it until like 14 weeks. Oh, and I read in another thread that you've already gained 2 pounds. You're going to want to watch that! They recommend only gaining 3-4 pounds in the entire first trimester. I gained 4 and they were happy with that (that was actually in the last month, I didn't gain anything in the beginning). Of course you could have morning sickness and lose weight.

So have you bought anything yet? I know you couldn't wait to start shopping!
|

replied May 2nd, 2006
Yeah
I gained two lbs already lol. I dont know what to do though cuz I feel hungry all the time and want to eat and snack so I guess thats how I gained so much already. Wow how did u managed to only gain four lbs any advice for me? Do I have to just dont eat even when I feel hungry or something lol?

Hmm, I havent started shopping yet though I want to. But I would always go to sites online to look at baby stuffs and tell myself oh im gonna buy this one and that one lol. Hopefully I can control myself and hold off shopping, its too early for me. So far im only interested in looking at baby clothes but maybe soon I will be into the furniture too hehe. Omg im so excited for u to find out the gender of ur baby!
|

replied May 2nd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Well you definitely have to eat whenever you feel hungry. I went through a phase where I was absolutely starving like every hour for about a month. Even an hour after eating a meal I would feel like I hadn't eaten in days. If I didn't eat I threw up. I ate healthy stuff though, lots of fruit and yogurt, granola bars, cheese (which I wasn't a fan of before), crackers, cereal. I didn't eat junk food. Lately i've been getting pretty bad, I could eat at taco bell every day (i don't but I could!). You just have to watch what you're eating.

Guess what we're doing after we find out the sex of the baby? Going to register! It's a little early but my fiance's family lives far away and won't be coming for the shower so they want to send stuff as soon as they can. I can't wait, registering is going to be so fun!
|

replied May 2nd, 2006
iheartmybostonterrier wrote:
guess what we're doing after we find out the sex of the baby? Going to register!

lol, that's exactly what I did. That same day, actually. :p it was sooo much fun looking at all that cute stuff. I was like a mad woman scanning all this expensive stuff I think no one will ever get me. Lol. I did get some cheap stuff on there, too, though. ;)
|

replied May 3rd, 2006
Especially eHealthy
lalee wrote:
iheartmybostonterrier wrote:
guess what we're doing after we find out the sex of the baby? Going to register!

lol, that's exactly what I did. That same day, actually. :p it was sooo much fun looking at all that cute stuff. I was like a mad woman scanning all this expensive stuff I think no one will ever get me. Lol. I did get some cheap stuff on there, too, though. ;)

the ultrasound is on a wednesday so we'll probably go to register on the following saturday. I'm thinking target and babies 'r' us. I pretty much already know all the big stuff I want, i'm just having trouble thinking of smaller inexpensive things. Oh well, I guess we'll just see what there is when we get there. It's going to be so fun!
|

replied May 5th, 2006
Hey Iheart
How are u doing today? Kind weird lol I was thinking of u today. Oh I started to have some pink spotting today do u know if thats ok? Im a little scared :( ahh im so happy slept thru the whole night yesterday too.
|

replied May 6th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Did you call your doctor about the spotting? I never had that but I would've been scared too. It's probably nothing but if you call your doc they may want you to go in. Is it still going on?

I'm pretty good. I don't feel well in the mornings lately but it's not like morning sickness. I just feel crappy when I wake up and for a couple hours after. Oh well. I've been sleeping better too. I'm a stomach sleeper and lately it's not comfy to lay on my stomach so I used a pillow last night to kind of prop myself on my stomach/side and I actually slept great. I also think it took some of the pressure off my bladder so I didn't get up to pee a million times (i think only twice, that's a record for me!). I still have wacky dreams though. Have you been having any weird dreams?

So how are you feeling? Do you have any names picked out yet? I know it's early but i've had my names picked out for a while. Have you done any shopping or looked at anything you want? If you want to see the travel system i'm getting just go to babiesrus.Com and look up vienna travel system counting sheep style. Oh, and i'm also getting the matching pack 'n' play (it vibrates and plays nature sounds and music, why can't they make adult versions of these things? Lol, just kidding!). I hope things are going well for you!
|

replied May 6th, 2006
Hi
Aww I just looked up ur travel system and pack n play, they look so adorable and cute. Lol the pack n play looks so comfortable too I wanna try lie in it. Well I havent really gone shopping yet for the baby but finally today at the store I couldnt resist so I did go to the baby section to look at baby clothes and stuff. Aww they were so cute, I wanted to buy them already. And also all the ones I liked were pink lol I really hope I will be having a girl.

Actually I have been so tired these few days that I hardly even had a chance to dream lol. I just slept thru the night without even waking up even when I needed to go. But I wouldnt mind having baby dreams :) what kinds of dreams did u have were they about babies?

Oh yeah and for names I think its still kind of early for me to choose so I kind of stopped looking online for ideas. I guess I will try again in a few names, how about u did u think of new names u want to use? Do u have a feeling ur having a baby girl or boy?

Hmm, the spotting is kind of scaring me, like it kind of went away yesterday but seems like I see a bit again today. My doc. Said I could come in if I wanted next week so I guess I will do that.

Snowygirl
|

replied May 7th, 2006
Hmm
Yeah I think im going to wait for a few months till I find out the gender to think of names hehe.
|

replied May 8th, 2006
Experienced User
Hope it's all alrigh snowy - i'm sure it will be. How far gone are you now?
|
Tags: pregnant
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....