Hi all. Ever since I was about 14 I have suffered from 'wind' and greasy stools which usually smell bad. I had always put this down to poor diet in the past. I'm 33 now (male) and in the last few months I have started to suffer with the following symptons.

Sharp pains behind groin, usually on the left.
Feeling bloated.
Feeling full after eating only a small meal.
Constant burning sensation in stomach.
Belching.
Weight loss.
Always feel tired, often lightheaded/dizzy.

My gp found nothing unusal when I visited the surgery and my blood sample was 'normal'. He checked my back passage and said that there was no problem there. He arranged it for me to go to the local hospital for a barium enema which I had last week. The hospital sent me a letter requesting me to go back to the hospital in four weeks to discuss the results with a consultant there.

Would be grateful to hear from others who may have had the same symtoms or any advice at all. Many thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 7th, 2006
Crohns
Well I cant tell you if you have crohns or not but all I can do is tell you how it happened with me

im 26 and was diagnosed at 21. I was having the worst stomach pains. It was below my stomach to the right but I was also have pains between my ribs. I was getting sick constantly too. I was only able to eat a little bit and 20 mins later I was getting sick

i have arthritis too so I looked up arthritis and stomach pain on the net and I found crohns and I read a lil about it and it sounded familar to what I had.

I had an ultra sound and nothin showed up and I then had a barium xray. It took hours cos the barium wasnt moving fast enough cos my insides were so swollen and the guys that were doing it told me and my mam once it was done that it looked like crohns but that they werent sure. Saw the doc a few weeks later and it was crohns.

I hope for your sake it isnt crohns but if it is it can be well managed
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2010
Re: Have I Got Crohn's Disease?
Hi my name is Heather, i had the same symptoms as you in 1981 and was diagnosed with Chrones Disease. I had to have a few tests done before they could tell me that i ahd chrones tho, keep pushing them and dont give up. If you want to talk about it more then your more then welcome to email me, take care, Heather
TheGrimReaper wrote:
Hi all. Ever since I was about 14 I have suffered from 'wind' and greasy stools which usually smell bad. I had always put this down to poor diet in the past. I'm 33 now (male) and in the last few months I have started to suffer with the following symptons.

Sharp pains behind groin, usually on the left.

Feeling bloated.

Feeling full after eating only a small meal.

Constant burning sensation in stomach.

Belching.

Weight loss.

Always feel tired, often lightheaded/dizzy.

My gp found nothing unusal when I visited the surgery and my blood sample was 'normal'. He checked my back passage and said that there was no problem there. He arranged it for me to go to the local hospital for a barium enema which I had last week. The hospital sent me a letter requesting me to go back to the hospital in four weeks to discuss the results with a consultant there.

Would be grateful to hear from others who may have had the same symtoms or any advice at all. Many thanks.
|
Must Read
Crohn's Disease is a chronic disorder that affects digestion. But what is Crohns and how does it affect the body?...
What causes Crohn's disease? Does it run in families (yes)? And how can YOU avoid the risk factors of Crohn's?...
Can you identify symptoms of Crohn's Disease? Learn more about the range of symptoms from mild to severe in this section on Crohn's symptoms here. ...