User Profile
For the last couple of days i've been worrying about a lot of crap. I worry that i'm not going to be a good mother, because i'm almost certain I will have postpartum depression. After all I used to be really depressed and I had to take medication for it. I told my husband he should leave me and take our son after he is born. I don't want that to happen, but I don't want there to be a chance that I screw something up, or go crazy. He even said today "you are going to have postpartum depression like a m0ther f#cker". I think it's because lately i've been crying really easily and getting angry too. Maybe it's just my nerves because i've never done this before. I normally know that i'll be a good mom, but lately I don't feel it. Maybe i'm just being stupid.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 30th, 2006
Experienced User
Okay, first thing...This is completely normal! It is natural to feel like you're going to fail at parenthood as your first baby's birth gets closer. However, post partum depression is something that happens surprisingly often. But there's no need to get too worried about it. They have medication for it, as well as support centres and groups you can go to.
I'm sure that when you have the baby in your arms, all your worries will vanish for the time being. So just sit back and relax, and enjoy counting down to ethan daniel's birthday! Everything will be fine. :)

tayzh
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2006
Supporter
I think that's the problem, it's so soon and i'm realizing that....I want him to come out already, but at the same time i'm scared to death. Only 10 days to go, but chances are he'll probably be coming a bit earlier than that. Depression runs in my family also, that's another reason I worry so much about that. My sister actually had postpartum psychosis...She tried to kill herself after she had her son. And that's when she was on anti-depressants, anti- anxiety, and anti- psychotics.
|

replied April 30th, 2006
Experienced User
I only have 9 weeks left.. I hope u gunna be ok... Im getting really nervous now too and my mum had depression after she had me too so im kinda worried myself.. I have changed alot in the past 8 months for myself and the future of my child.. I got real upset about 6 months into the pregnancy.. I become really depressed and I thought I cudnt do it.. I thought I was to young and no way I cud cope with it all.. I sat back and relised I had to buck up... For my coming family.. I dont want to be a bad mother.. N im sure I will be a fine mother but I know what you going thru.. Everyone gets scared.. Hell im petrified but you never know what its like till you try it...I hope all the best for you.. Im sure you will be a wonderful mother never think less... Do not feel like your the only one if you are upset.. Many are...

Pm me if you wanna talk :)
c-ya
|

replied April 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
*gives you a hug*
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2006
Supporter
tanyaface wrote:
*gives you a hug*

:lol: thanks?
|

replied April 30th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
I had ppd, they gave me medicine that I never took. Mainly because I knew it'd make it worse. It eventually went away on it's own and i'm feeling pretty normal now, apart from starting my rag today....Ahem!

It's normal to have all sorts of fears as labor is getting closer, but it's not as bad as you think it'll be, I swear!
|

User Profile
replied April 30th, 2006
Supporter
I don't know about that. I used to have to take anti-depressants and mood stabilizers. I sometimes feel just like I used to. I really don't understand it either. I have a husband who loves me very much and i'm going to have a beautiful child. Oh well, i'll get over it.
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2006
Supporter
Im also worried about ppd, but I think im just nervous.. I normally get depressed when I have my period and the after birth blood will probably make me depressed but then again I will have a baby so maybe I wont be so depressed.. Maybe you'll be lucky and wont be like the rest of your family..
|

replied May 1st, 2006
Especially eHealthy
nadine2006 wrote:
i only have 9 weeks left..

2 weeks ago when you made your intro post you said you were 26 weeks... Which would make you 28 weeks now... I'm just saying...
|

replied May 1st, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Hey I am 26 weeks tomorrow and I have 14 weeks to go minus the 2 weeks that I will be delivering early. So unless she is delivering at 37 weeks then.....Her calcs are off.

Anyway, I have the same fear that I will have a lot of ppd because I have gone thru a phase of resenting my baby because my husband isn't being my husband lately. You know. It's changed him and he is very distant.
|

replied May 1st, 2006
Experienced User
I think you all need lots of hugs and reassurance that you are all going to be great moms - which you will :)

and boston, I think nadine made a post a while ago about dates - maybe explains in there?
|

replied May 1st, 2006
Experienced User
Your Be Brilliant.....................
Hey samantha I know in my heart you will be a loving and gentle mummy and your all going to be alright.Just believe in yourself and try and stop putting yourself down.All my love jadexxx
|

User Profile
replied May 1st, 2006
Supporter
Re: Your Be Brilliant.....................
mum??? wrote:
hey samantha I know in my heart you will be a loving and gentle mummy and your all going to be alright.Just believe in yourself and try and stop putting yourself down.All my love jadexxx

thank you very much. I'm actually feeling a lot better about everything now. I think I was just having one of those bad days, stressing out trying to finish getting everything ready for his arrival. I'm excited, and even if I do have ppd, there are ways of treating it. I'm sure everything will be okay. :)
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...