For over 2 years now my fingers have a sort of edema and the finger nails have started to have a blue ring next to the white crescent. I have talked with my homeopath who thinks, raynaud's, sleep apnea or carbon monoxide poisioning and the chiropractor is voting for raynaud's. I have searched the web for symptoms, etc. And don't seem to fit any of them. 2 years ago a pa stated that my heart wasn't pumping properly so I ended up having a test where they look at the valves, etc as my heart works. Very interesting, but the cardio said there was nothing wrong with the heart. My question is,... Who would I go see to get to the bottom of this?
Also, I had my gall bladder out a little over a year ago and when I was in the hospital, the fingers went back to normal. No swelling or discoloration. Any clue here? I am really frustrated and wondering if I should be worried.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2018
If you only have swelling or discoloration of a single digit of the hand, it is more likely a localised inflammatory or allergic reaction either due to a insignificant insect bite or contact dermatitis.

Consult a dermatologist for a proper opinion.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.