Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

What the *beep* Is Going On Here? (Page 1)

User Profile
Last night for the first time in forever I wasn't tired at all. I got home from work and did some things around the house that i've been meaning to do. I went to bed at around 11 o'clock and this morning when I woke up I felt like hot dog doo. My back was absolutely killing me! I mean it felt like someone was trying to cripple me! I didn't even do anything yesterday to make my back hurt! I have had diarrhea all morning that bananas, rice and applesauce won't cure (tmi, I know but i'm trying to figure out what is wrong with me). And my legs feel all rubbery like they're loose at the pins and ready to give out. I feel worn, tired, bad tempered, achy and generally like i'm about to come down with the flu. Anybody know if all this could be from cleaning up a little yesterday? Or does it sound more like I could be coming down with a cold or something?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 27th, 2006
Experienced User
You're quite close to your due date aren't you? Maybe you were nesting....I did this just before my daughter was born, went around cleaning frantically.
I also remember feeling a bit fluey and crampy around this time so maybe it will be soon!!!

Good luck :)
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
When are you due again?
|

replied April 27th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Maybe you are nesting, and that was why you were able to clean and stuff like that.

The way you woke up this morning my be because labor is coming on. You are pretty close and the diarrhea is a sign of labor and stuff like that. So maybe you are getting ready for the little guy to come. Aaawwww yay
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
melissa_20 wrote:
when are you due again?

may 24th.
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
No baby! Stay in there,you still have a month left!!!
|

replied April 27th, 2006
Active User, very eHealthy
I have diarrhea almost every morning. It's not bad, and I feel better after I go to the bathroom one time. I'm def not going into labor. Lol.
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2006
Extremely eHealthy
Im due the 22nd and I have been having diarrhea a lot too, along with the achy back :/
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Oooh,may we be having a baby soon? *yay*
|

replied April 27th, 2006
I've got to wait till august. :cry:
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Shhhh! I gotta wait til' I get pregnant!
|

replied April 27th, 2006
Lol
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
melissa_20 wrote:
no baby! Stay in there,you still have a month left!!!

i don't want him to come today but I don't want him to be hanging around in there until the 24th cuz I can't take it anymore. At my last u/s they thought he was around six pounds. I don't know what he weighs now but he's heavy! I'm going to the doctor's today, so i'm going to see what they say.
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
[quote="tigresacanela24"]
melissa_20 wrote:
no baby! Stay in there,you still have a month left!!!

i don't want him to come today but I don't want him to be hanging around in there until the 24th cuz I can't take it anymore. Quote]

lol,i know I just don't want him to be too early : )
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Doctor says i'm measuring 37 weeks and that she believes m&m will come before due date because of his size and the fact that his head is soooo low down. She says that i'm just going to be miserable until he comes because of his position. I'm not dilated but i'm effacing which she says is good. She thinks that when I have him he'll probably be around seven and a half pounds. I hope to goodness he comes soon cuz i'm sick of this. This last week and a half has been absolutely miserable.
|

replied April 28th, 2006
Experienced User
I know exactly what your saying tigres im due may 22nd and I am absolutely miserable.. The baby dropped and is sitting right above my vagina so every time I take a step I feel this horrible pressure in that area.. I.T s.U.C.K.S!! So if he doesn't come before may 11th, im sceduled to get induced.. This pregnancy is to hard on my little self.. I'm 50% effaced so I think thats a good thing whatever that means. I just want to hold my little man..
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
I keep hearing this but never asked,what is effaced?
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
melissa_20 wrote:
i keep hearing this but never asked,what is effaced?

effacing means that your cervix is thinning out in preparation for birth. Here i'll google it for you.

This definition is from the cnn health library

your cervix prepares for birth by softening and thinning, or effacing. You won't feel this happening. Instead, your doctor will check for signs of cervical change with vaginal exams.

Effacement is often expressed in percentages. When you're 50 percent effaced, your cervix is half its original thickness. Your cervix must be 100 percent effaced, or completely thinned out, before a vaginal delivery.

mommi2bee wrote:
i know exactly what your saying tigres im due may 22nd and I am absolutely miserable.. The baby dropped and is sitting right above my vagina so every time I take a step I feel this horrible pressure in that area.. I.T s.U.C.K.S!! So if he doesn't come before may 11th, im sceduled to get induced.. This pregnancy is to hard on my little self.. I'm 50% effaced so I think thats a good thing whatever that means. I just want to hold my little man..

i know the pressure absolutely blows. Sometimes I swear it feels like he's just going to fall out. He makes my hips and my lower back hurt! I'm telling you this is going to be my one and only. The last few weeks of pregnancy really blow. But I do feel better knowing that the end is in sight!!! Lol
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
Thank you tigres!
|

User Profile
replied April 28th, 2006
Especially eHealthy
No problem melly-mel :lol:
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...